Kootenay MX Track

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So tonight was my first ever time at a Motocross Track. I wasn't sure what to expect, and was incredibly nervous to get out there and try it out. I'm such a newbie, and the first thing I saw was Nolan Hadikin and his Bro, launching off of some jumps in the middle of the track lol
20120704200527(1).jpg

I put my gear on, in hopes of psyching myself up. The kids were watching closely, as this was their first time at the track too. My two Bigs were all geared up, but super scared to try it out.
Nolan gave me some tips before starting off. I was super lucky to have his guidance, he's a past Canadian Champ, and a wicked awesome rider. I had a strategy.. If I was a slowpoke out there, but being shuttled around by the coolest peep riding, I wouldn't be quite so dorky.. It was all good. Everyone kind of passed me but encouraged me at the same time..All that was missing on my bike was a red safety flag lol
Nolan talked me through what to expect at the track.
201207041929062.jpg

Nolan Shuttling me around making sure I'm ok.

201207041954012.jpg

I was doing pretty good!
201207041951231.jpg

Nolan and his Beautiful Wife Erica and their little budding MX rider to be Neve. (I love this family so much. Nolan Brings the baby into the store so I can get my baby fix. He almost has to pry her from me when he leaves lol)

201207041931381.jpg

My kids were hooked. If mom could do it, they could do it. Leo went first. He took to it like a pro. he was literally the last person on the track when it was getting dark. I anticipate he will be very very motivated to find work in the next few days. I see a new bike on his horizon.

201207042006561.jpg

201207042007252.jpg

We are on our crf230, but My boss Aaron was trying to get us on one of the KTMs he brought. Shuke offered up his bike to me, my husband said.. Shuke you are a brave man.... then he filled him in on my groovy crashing skills.

Brookie was a bit frightened at first. She was kind of hedging away from trying it, fully content to be the paparazzi.. But we have a family Joke.. I am the Honey Badger.. you know from the Youtube vid. All of Brookies friends call her the Honey Badger's daughter.. One of the men said to Brook, just go ride over there till you feel safe then try the track. Knowing my daughter, I knew she could do the track thing.. I said.. Boo, you are the honey Badger's daughter.. Honey Badger don't care... You got this Chit.. get er done kid.. then I smacked her in the chest protector.. and said go... so she did!! and did Awesome!

201207042007592.jpg

Brookie and My husband.
201207042018131.jpg

This was such a wonderful experience. We will be regulars at the track now. Everyone welcomed us and made us feel like we were a part of something awesome! I'm going to help raise funds for a Skid Steer!
More cool pics
201207041955312.jpg

201207041954013.jpg

BruteRam

Reaction score
What days/hrs is the track open? We spend a lot of time in the Salmo area and my wife is thinking she"d like to try riding on a track

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What days/hrs is the track open? We spend a lot of time in the Salmo area and my wife is thinking she"d like to try riding on a track

Awesome!! On Sundays from 10 - 4 On Wednesdays 5-dusk.. we'll be there with the kids on Sunday, and again on Wednesday.. This past Wednesday .. was EPIC.. I'm getting more confident.. Crashed super big.. got some wonderful hues of purple appearing on my body... My son Leo, was doing tonnes of yard work, and housework, I went to float him some money.. he said.. mom.. how about you just keep it and put it towards all the times you take us out to do fun stuff like the track. What a wonderful activity for the family for sure.
If your wife has any questions or needs anything, let me know! She can call me at work 250 352 3191!

:)

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that looks like a good well takin care of track .....think someone nose dived a bit on the last pic lol

Nope that was Nolan.. He's kind of Epic.. he did a little endo walk the bike forward thing on that jump to wow my kids lol.. then he make sure to let them no it's not something they want to be doing. He was a Pro racer, and explained to Leo, when he was racing he'd get that front tire down fast to make up time (I can't remember exactly what the term was, scrubbing I think??? ) But he told the kids NOT to do that or very bad things would happen. lol.

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
I believe the proper term or move is called the Bubba Scrub. Keeping the bike as low to the ground as possible to keep air time to a minimum. Quite often done by laying the bike over on its side just as its leaving the ground.

Kudos to you and the family for getting out and enjoying this great sport. I wish I had more time myself to do so, but work keeps getting in the way. Or it rains when I do have the time. Down a bike right now anyways, as my boy took the top end out of his, so ride time is a bit limited.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe the proper term or move is called the Bubba Scrub. Keeping the bike as low to the ground as possible to keep air time to a minimum. Quite often done by laying the bike over on its side just as its leaving the ground.

Kudos to you and the family for getting out and enjoying this great sport. I wish I had more time myself to do so, but work keeps getting in the way. Or it rains when I do have the time. Down a bike right now anyways, as my boy took the top end out of his, so ride time is a bit limited.

Awww what kind of Bike? And How old is your son? Pics?

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
Awww what kind of Bike? And How old is your son? Pics?

It's a 2006 retro yz125 with Athena 144 bbk and all the goodies. He's 15 now. Don't have any pics of us riding unfortunately cause I'm to busy flogging my old xr just to make sure I can still outride him lol. My daughter did manage to catch him this spring though wrecking plastic. Trying to do the perfect wheelie for his FB profile pic.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342937971.508135.jpg

mxracer14

Reaction score
Salmo is my home town!! haha i did not know about a track in the area though. I will have to check it when i go back for a visit!

Top Bottom