Knock sensor

easton

Reaction score
I was riding in Mcbride on the 12 and 13 just when the cold hit.we rode friday and had no problems but sat going up the trail my knock sensor started to flash and check engine came on( XP 800).I took it in and they did not know what caused this.They remapped it and said good to go. Just wondering if anyone else having this problem???????

Pat36mech

Reaction score
I was riding in Mcbride on the 12 and 13 just when the cold hit.we rode friday and had no problems but sat going up the trail my knock sensor started to flash and check engine came on( XP 800).I took it in and they did not know what caused this.They remapped it and said good to go. Just wondering if anyone else having this problem???????

Had same prob with my 09X plus LIMP HOME about 3 miles out mild riding and just warming up .

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had something similar happen in mcbride jan 23, sled would rev to 5000rpm then shut down until revs fell and would go again, turned on carb heaters and problem went away with in 300 ft. must be moisture in carb freezing. once the heaters were turned on no more problems. Riding in -30 sucks the big one, next time it's miller time.

Top Bottom