Klim warranty!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Talk about warranty! I am in the process of doing paper work today and while filing my latest warranty claim from Klim I looked at my original invoice. I purchased a Valdez jacket and Togwottee Bib on November 4th, 2005. I was getting wet a couple of years ago (2010) and took them both back for a water test. Yep, they leaked. New set for a replacement.

After my ride in Castlegar last week, my right elbow and right buttocks were wet (this was the second set or the warranted set that was replaced in 2010). Got the water test done again. Yep, they leaked. This is my third set for the original price that I purchased in 2005.

Now how's that for warranty? Guaranteed to keep you dry and they stand by their word. Happy and dry again, fs

Free Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's to bad there is not more customer service like that these days. Good for Klim for taking care of you.

Blownsilver

Reaction score
I ripped a 10" cut across the leg right thru on my pants sent them in for repair and for 80 they sent me a brand new pair including shipping. Very happy with klim pay a lil extra up front but more than pays for itself in the end

goldfinger

Reaction score
Have had similiar experience with boots. Big toe getting damp after full day ride, send in for test and got new boots. Great to deal with

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
sounds like a pain in the ass ! my Klim ball cap fell apart the first day i bought it lol

you misunderstood oneyewilly! My arse was wet! I didn't have a pain there.

Guaranteed to keep you dry; 3 sets in 7 years (wore out 2 sets in 7 years) with over 420 days of riding (60 days/year)......I think it is kind of neat!

InFeRnO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you just bring them back to where you bought them from for the water test or did you have to send the gear back to klim yourself?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Did you just bring them back to where you bought them from for the water test or did you have to send the gear back to klim yourself?

I took them to the Canadian distributor in McGrath, AB. It is 20 minutes south of Lethbridge.

Some of the larger Klim dealers have the water tester on site and will test for you. Otherwise return to point of purchase and ask them to forward them for you. Another party involved makes it a little more time consuming.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was in the same boat as you Fernie.

I have the same pants and jacket. I needed the in-seams of the legs repaired, i also mentioned the clothes felt damp on really wet days.

they said to send it in for testing, and sent me back a brand new jacket and pants.

The garment was 5 years old/

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
still sounds like a pain in the ass ! time, money and gas ...

are you just a miserable cuss?

To defend my case (not that I have to but would rather liker like to), I love going to Lethbridge! Best sled dealer in Mr. R's, Costco, Wholesale Sports, awesome Sushi for lunch, sunny Alberta, did I mention no HST, no carbon tax, last premium was $1.07/l but it was $1.14/l the other day, and did I mention no HST, and regular gas for the Beetle is $1.04/l. Beat that in beautiful downtown Nelson!

Small town living has it's price to pay. When I can't even buy nuts and bolts in Elkford and most things aren't available in Sparwood, then I have to drive to the Pass or Fernie to begin with.

You know and I know that if I take my gear to a dealer to be tested, it will sit there for maybe a week before they package it and send it away, transport time back and forth, how long for Klim to test and put the order back together again with replacement items and in the meantime I am without gear and it is dumping down mega quantities of snow and my gear is on Greyhound!!!! That would be a pain in the arse

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just buy ski gear it works better anyways !!! sounds like u need to move east ??

i suppose you will buy a subaru and show up in them girlie spandex shorts to....when your buying your ski wear remember one thing. places like mec dont support the sled industry. they actually support the granola bar groups that wanna shut us down.

DV-ENT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have used klim for years and had a problem with moisture as well as seams coming apart, i was told to send klim a email with what was going on and they asked for pictures so I sent them a few and the response i recieved was "these pants have been compromised in to many areas and have seen the life if the garment, no warranty can be extended." so no mention of the goretex leaking and all the pics showed that there were NO tears in the fabric it was all seams letting go soooo????. I love the gear and have turned many others onto it but with my personal experience i do not believe in there warranty as much as many others do. just my experience with KLIM.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
2005??? 3 sets??? warranty??? hahaha...YOUR the reason I pay so damn much for my Klim gear...your Klims worst customer... quit being so cheap... LOLJ/K

or maybe one of their best customers and that's why I get warranty! Between my better half and I with boots, gloves, riding jackets, bibs, light weight jackets, and balaclava's we spend a lot of coin at that place. Great peeps also!

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
or maybe one of their best customers and that's why I get warranty! Between my better half and I with boots, gloves, riding jackets, bibs, light weight jackets, and balaclava's we spend a lot of coin at that place. Great peeps also!

so do you send it directly too klim or where you bought it

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But it only hurts once. That's the great thing about it.;)

2005??? 3 sets??? warranty??? hahaha...YOUR the reason I pay so damn much for my Klim gear...your Klims worst customer... quit being so cheap... LOL

J/K

Top Bottom