Klim Goggles

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anybody bought a pair yet? What are your thoughts? So far I'm not overly impressed, fog proof my a$$. The venting they have clears them off when your clipping along, but if your moving slow where you don't get any air circulation in there, they don't really clear off. Glad I didn't go for the top of the line polarized ones at 159.00. I'll give them a few more tries just to give them a fair shake.

whitell

Reaction score
i have not been really impressed with mine either. fog up even fater than my 509's. calling klim soon too see what they have to say.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing is fog proof, Those anti fog wipes will help a bit, but nothing is fog proof.
This is my finding, I've tried Scott vz Oakley arnette and I ride with 509 for the sole reason they are the lesser evil, all mine u must be moving or they fog, I think it's more I'm outta shape and sweat bad

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be curious of your long term impression of these. I was thinking of picking up a pair of Klim's....The more I use my 509 sinisters, the more I hate them. The lenses scratch so easy, fog and ice up really fast. I have an ancient pair of Smith's, that are much better I think.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing is fog proof, Those anti fog wipes will help a bit, but nothing is fog proof.

According to their advertising, the military coating makes it fog proof, the last goggle you'll ever need to buy The only thing missing was Ron Popiel saying that if you are one of the first 100 callers to order he will throw in a free can of " Hair in a Can" :)

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only goggles I have that don't fog when stopped are the original 509 Sinisters. (I have the 2nd generation ones as well and they fog when stopped). Even the Smith turbofan goggles fog up when I'm not moving. May also be because I'm fat and out of shape and tend to break a sweat pulling the cord.

Mr Husaberg

Reaction score
Scott xi with double lens work the best for me. They start to get bad after a year or two and i just get new lenses. i also got a pair of Oakley air brakes, they a very good as well but cost too much.

The most important part about keeping googles fog free is the fit. Spend some time fitting them in the mirror. i find my klim beleclava really messes them up if it is not on right. If the goggles are not tight against your face they will fog from your breathing.

Reactions: RXN

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know what it is with any of these goggles. I used to ski a lot in the 80's and 90's. Back then even a cheap pair of goggles didn't fog up nearly as bad as snowmobile goggles do. They fit just as tight and you work up just as much of a sweat doing both sports. I just can't figure it out.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know what it is with any of these goggles. I used to ski a lot in the 80's and 90's. Back then even a cheap pair of goggles didn't fog up nearly as bad as snowmobile goggles do. They fit just as tight and you work up just as much of a sweat doing both sports. I just can't figure it out.
Never used to wear a helmet skiing, more area for the steam to escape......

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picked up some anti fog wipes at spin drift in McBride once, don't remember the brand, seemed to have worked good, didn't fog that day.

Smith has a little kit. Comes with a small spray bottle and a sponge applicator.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picked up some anti fog wipes at spin drift in McBride once, don't remember the brand, seemed to have worked good, didn't fog that day.

Hmm nice, might have to find some and try it. I've heard Pam works as well? Or anything remotely greasy like.

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Smith also makes a anti fog wipe you can buy at most ski shops. It comes in a small ziplock bag, and once you use it you will carry it forever more.

Or till you buy a cat with the goggle defogger built into the dash.

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy got some Klim goggles. Fog up constantly. Where's a 509 helmet with em.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried them again today, think I'll try and find my receipt. First time I've been disappointed by a Klim product.

Top Bottom