Klim gear for women

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always put my tekvest over top of my suspenders and then beacon over that, so it's just under my jacket incase i need access to it in a hurry. I appreciate all the womens input.

Last edited:

skidoogirl

Reaction score
Don't like bibs at all, drop seat or not. It's not fun taking off all your gear when it's -10F and windy to pee. Plus it takes forever, I'm just not that patient. I want pants that fit like snowboard pants, low- medium waist, no hanging crotch, baggy fit for layers and knee pads, long length, good snow gaitor with a hook (not a strap/snap combo) that hooks over laces. I hate pants that have a high tight waist, it's SO uncomfortable. I like the straight fit from the waist down, no tapered waist! Adjustable stretchy velcro waist tabs are also great. I mostly wear snowboard pants. They don't last long, but they fit and are comfortable!

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm another gal not in favor of bibs.....it would be cool if Klim developed a women's line with bibs AND pants so we could chose. I mean, they have this for the men, so I don't know what the big deal is.

I like black, but I know some gals like some different coolers (other than pink). It would be nice if they would incorporate some snazzy colors and designs into the mix too.

Love KLIM and glad they are making a women specific line, just not happy about them only making bibs. Bibs and riding in the mountains don't mix IMO!!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is a start and i imagine that they will expand there lines every year as they have done for the past several years for the guys.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another thing that all you ladies could do is even something as small as going onto KLIM's facebook page and posting the things that you would like to see new in the womens line of clothing.

Last edited:

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, they asked our opinion, and we all said NO bibs... I think the side zips are the same as what they have on the newest womens' bib already... You still have to take the straps down... No darn good!!!

They are not going to increase sales by adding a new bib pant without insulation IMO, and that's the whole point right?

skinnybitch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK so i got a look at the next year klim stuff. They are making a gore-tex shell in jkt and pants like they do for the guys for women this coming season. They are making a tall size in the pants which for example in a Lrg tall the inseam will be 34" which is 3" longer than the normal ones. And for jackets in a large the sleeve length is 29", Small jkt sleeve length is 25". They are also coming out with colours:Black,grey, plum in new shell. Colours insulated jkt: black, blue, red, pink. The new womens shell series is going to be called: ALPINE jacket and bib.

Dear Klim,
Why do we have to be LARGE to get the long inseams??

:confused:

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ditto on getting us a freeride pant!! model something after snowboard pants and i think you would hugely please the mass majority of female riders :) Id get em in a heartbeat! and if you make a bib make it insulated bc the only time were gonna wear it is on a trail ride / camp fire chill day where your not sweating ur a$$ off!! drop down pee flap is more hassle than taking off the gear lol

make more base & mid layers for women too..

the only thing thats gonna suck about all this is that now im gonna hafta spend a chit load of money to change from my mens klim gear into womens! arg

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I actually think their base layers are pretty cute. Another complaint from me though, is the Sundance pant doesn't fit over or under my knee pads! Over $100 and I haven't even worn them once :(

Love the Sundance jacket... Oh yeah, it has no pockets... I guess I will complain about that too :p

Skadi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can i complain about the price... i'm sure that is never gonna change but I'd rather buy something that doesn't 'last for life' and that has some fashion to it so that I can buy a new set (with fashion) in a few years...

but whateva, It's all be said before... no insulation, longer inseams, better 'fit', no bibs, some colors besides pink. those are just the BASICS. I swear, if one of the main clothing guys figures out the longer inseam and shorter rise bit (and they're even remotely competitive in price) they might win the women's market... but we're a small market... and even then I know a TON of women who wo'nt buy it because of style and would rather buy a new set of snowboard pants every year that they can afford even if they don't last (cause of style) the women's market is brutal. we want everything and everything we want is different!!! hahahhaha

BUT, those basics at least seem the same in every thread i've read over the years. I think I have seen a total of two complaints about pants being too long!! once from stephy -but she knows she has shorter than average legs- and some other chick siad it once too...

start with the length (including shorter rise, don't ge tmore length by just adding waist material so the crotch is down at the knees!)/insulation/bib issue and I think you'll have come a long ways!! (Actually, women's gear HAS come a long ways... but hey, we wouldn't be us if we weren't still pushing to make it even better!)

Top Bottom