Kit Snow Checks

jrusher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just picked up my kit today.. Sold the t-nytro actually stoked to ride this thing this season.. Hey goodtogo which thermostat did you use? Im running this kit on a 2010 Yz450 I bought a spare air box going to cover the intakes up with outerwear or slp screen and seal the box up hopefully this keeps filter clean, air temp sensor might be okay in box? .. Gonaa run a lean map with the yammi tuner hopefully that helps the over fueling as well

goodtogo

Reaction score
I have been running a thermobob I have been having good luck with them but I know lots of people are running the ktm thermostat also , you might have good luck with your air box doing it that way but on my kx some how powder always got in there, the air temp sensor had to be moved the fuel system didn't understand the cold temps it was seeing and put it into a warm up mode

Last edited:

jrusher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
.. Right on thanks I'll check those out ..
I have been running a thermobob I have been having good luck with them but I know lots of people are running the ktm thermostat also , you might have good luck with your air box doing it that way but on my kx some how powder always got in there, the air temp sensor had to be moved the fuel system didn't understand the cold temps it was seeing and put it into a warm up mode

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice!!
I'm in Sundre too, I ride a 2010 KTM SX 450 with timbersled. You'll love it, they are so much fun!!
Where do you ride?

cheers

We will have to go for a rip someday. Revy mostly. First time ever on snowbike this year.

Cberg

Reaction score
We will for sure!
last year was my first year on the bike. Ride revy, fernie and golden.
Did you ever try anyone's in the pow before?

You'll be amazed where you can go with it, awesome for boondocking in the trees.
Have you done any airbox mods?

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We will for sure!
last year was my first year on the bike. Ride revy, fernie and golden.
Did you ever try anyone's in the pow before?

You'll be amazed where you can go with it, awesome for boondocking in the trees.
Have you done any airbox mods?

Gonna eliminate air box. Wider pegs and a bump seat. Then all done.

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Current pic

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384710183984.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384710183984.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 135

Cberg

Reaction score
Looks good! Are all your sled buddies riding bikes now or are you the only one? I just pulled mine out of the corner of the garage the other day and took it out for a little burn yesterday, ready for the season now!

Last edited:

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks good! Are all your sled buddies riding bikes now or are you the only one? I just pulled mine out of the corner of the garage the other day and took it out for a little burn yesterday, ready for the season now!

Sled buddies is all. I still got a xm as well. One bud in black diamond is building one though I guess

jrusher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got the yz ready for the snow, riding Revvy all next week hopefully snow is decent

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 114
Top Bottom