Kiss coupler

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to know the distance guys have been mounting these things arctic cat or yamaha viper, directions call for 2.75" from center of arm bolt to front of coupler, however when I set it there and its at max couple it doesn't even touch(took air out of rear shock to make sure it would sag far enough). It appears I have to go as short as 2" to make it work but I don't feel like punching 4 holes in rails if its wrong spot. My sled is the sidewinder but rails suspension are the exact same as viper as far as I can see I did call them and was told it "should" be correct. A buddy of mine has his set at 2.5 and says he has to almost completely flatten skid to get it to couple. Anyone else's insight would be great.

174mcx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I installed one in a viper last year but its not around anymore for me to measure. I never had any kind of instructions with it but you can run the suspension through its whole range of motion and figure it out. If you let all the air out of both shocks in the rear skid and put a block of wood or something under the front arm so it fully compresses to the rubber bumpers. Then start running the rear sissor up and down you will figure out where you want it to be. You don't want the coupler to bind the suspension from travelling all the way to the rubber bumpers or it will just bust something. The general Idea is explained on a timbersled youtube video real well of how a coupled suspension should work https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUWE3ITfBcI Make yours act the same as in the video

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put one on my pro. I was actually designed for an AXYS. I drilled the holes in the rails and found out after that I should have moved it back another 3/16 of an inch. I still like it but find that it couples too soon for my liking. That is on the lowest setting too. Measure it exactly where you would have the ability to adjust both more and less coupling.

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do under stand coupling have had both timbersled and M-10 on past sleds this is just the cheaper test to see if this works well. My forward shock on rear skid is a coil over so unless I yank it out probably wont see what I want. Harry did you put the coupler exactly where they specified on installation instructions?

Prairie Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried mounting one on my viper last year and instructions were too far back. We had crap conditions last year so I never even used it so I can't say if it would've worked or not

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes ,but I put it on a PRO and it was for a AXYS. I could move it back slightly but then I would have an oblong bolt hole. I don't want that, so I just run it on the lowest setting and just don't wheely as much as I sometimes would like too.

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is what I was questioning seemed too far back however but I also don't want what was stated above coupling to early on low setting and risk binding and damage.

I tried mounting one on my viper last year and instructions were too far back. We had crap conditions last year so I never even used it so I can't say if it would've worked or not

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd corner them at the sled show and ask them how they came up with the recommended measurement.

81e1a1b73d65f881f724913f9a46c481.jpg

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Its funny you bring this up, I mounted mine on my Sidewinder the same way you did and I had the same feeling as you, I will be moving mine forward, it just sucks to drill another set of holes, thanks for bringing info to this topic. I have a set of 174 rails coming and I dont want to get it wrong on them.

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My thought is I want it as close as possible in couple mode but not touch at all uncoupled on the garbage trails so I don't break anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom