Kingcat Steering post!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
like i told you already in the pm

i never told him shipping it with the post
all was said to put my post alsoin your package

so prob all just a misunderstanding

Your right,it was a misunderstanding that cost me 80 bucks in shipping,turned to be an expensive post for me,and I know it wasnt my fault!
catmando!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well I got my post today and Im going to try and slap the sled back together again tomorro.With any luck it ill all go smooth,would be nice to be ready to go with a few days to spare.
catmando!

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm at work today, but let me know if you need any help this week. Install should go good, just remember it will be a tight fit getting the mag side air box boot on the throttle body. Also watch any hose/wire routing near the bottom of the engine to make sure the post doesn't move them before installing the belly pan.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well thanks for everyones help,had a little garage party today and got a few repairs done on Rons sled and finished mine.The post turned out great.Thanks Uturn for helping me online and the guys that showed up today,Murminator,Tylerg,Perry ,especially Ron for fixing my garage furnace,help wouldnt have been there long without ya!The only one missing was the snickering Submarine Pilot!Was a good day!
catmando!

Attachments

• P1250013.jpg
    P1250013.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 88
  • P1250008.jpg
    P1250008.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 93
  • P1250004.jpg
    P1250004.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 100
  • P1250003.jpg
    P1250003.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 90

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
looks good with a straight post

glad you got her done
sure looks funny when someone sits down and riding the chopper
now i know what all my friends try to tell me all the time :d

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Good thing its done kitty.... Had my wife's sister's 50th birthday party yesterday, then started tinkering on the 800 and found a blown exhaust gasket... Not a small job, gotta finish it tonite!.... See ya in mcbride.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good thing its done kitty.... Had my wife's sister's 50th birthday party yesterday, then started tinkering on the 800 and found a blown exhaust gasket... Not a small job, gotta finish it tonite!.... See ya in mcbride.

Thanks for the offer,I do appreciate it.Was hoping to make up for the beer I owe Ya!
catmando!

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Catmando, I thought you were doing the forward post??? By looks of the pics it's still in the rearward position. Mine sits forward of the crossmember. If you do the forward post you have to notch out the hood too. I do not see that in the pics either.

We need to go out for a ride together you can see.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Catmando, I thought you were doing the forward post??? By looks of the pics it's still in the rearward position. Mine sits forward of the crossmember. If you do the forward post you have to notch out the hood too. I do not see that in the pics either.

We need to go out for a ride together you can see.

I changed my mind when I found out the extra stuff you had to do,the shaving of the motor mount I didnt care for.I had Kurt put a bend in the post after it passes the top mount which puts the post forward about two inches from stock,With my crossbones and the way I set it up I wouldnt want it any farther forward and yes I would like to get out for a rip and compare!
Later catmando.

cobbycat

Reaction score
I changed my mind when I found out the extra stuff you had to do,the shaving of the motor mount I didnt care for.I had Kurt put a bend in the post after it passes the top mount which puts the post forward about two inches from stock,With my crossbones and the way I set it up I wouldnt want it any farther forward and yes I would like to get out for a rip and compare!
Later catmando.

too bad, the forward steering post was the best mod I ever did to my old king. definitely worth the cutting and shaving!!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In honour of your bending two posts, it really got me thinking that could be me, so this weekend I sleeved my post through the upper support so that I don't bend it in the future. Also added some weld around the support to avoid snapping the welds as well.

Thanks for the good idea!!! :beer::beer::beer::beer:

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Later catmando.

Ahhh. Gotchya!

Top Bottom