King Kat Mods

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Git

Hey! Yamaha page is somewhere else. Spread your misinformation elsewhere! That TURBO must of sucked all the oxygen out of your helmet.

Lets see what happens as i blow by your first grave of the year. i may be nice and wait till your off the hill!

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm lucky to have probably one of the best set up 05 King Cats out there.:D It flat out works. It was built by Bigbull Motorsports in Spokane and has the best of everything. I haven't rode a King without the 16" Camo Extreme, but it is an incredible track. Takes a while to trust it and not turn out.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Proper clutching first and foremost....Always. Carbon Tech reeds, lightweight can, lightweight brake rotor and hub, ported track. Speedwerx or D&D Y-pipe. Open up the airbox. Double bush the secondary. Sled has lots of power, just needs to get to the track. Reduce rotating mass.. makes a world of difference. Cats older twins respond real well to porting too. All this and you can still run 87 octane.

mtndoctor

Reaction score
large recoil kit from terra alps racing, helps pulling the bad boys over.
tunnel kit (stronger) ez ryde rear skid, way smoother.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can also get a great deal on snow eliminators(or any other upgrades) from Climb Higher Motorsports in Sherwood Park. Get the ones for the M series, they are longer and keep the rails clean further back.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Usually once the motor is ported, the heads are also done and 87 Octane isn't an option:cool:

Head mods after porting are an option with this engine. I've tried to stay with 87....gas getting too expensive!

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not trying to debate head mods. Just too many places I've been that all I can get is 87. Did pull gas from the 91 pump in small town Alberta once, for my old modded 600, and learned my lesson. I think that gas had been there all season. Just about cooked the motor.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You need to buy your premium from a dealer that sells a lot of it, but same goes for regular. Stock compression motors run best of the fuel the manufacturer recommends and save you money. But once you start increasing compression, running better fuel will always be cheaper than a new motor. I've tested this theory, and the motor never fails on a road, trail or close to an easy access point. Last motor failure was at the bottom of a 1000' foot bowl, and the only way out was up!:(

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 800 RMK is ported and I use 50/50 race and pump fuel. Runs extremely well and the cost isn't that much higher.

You must be getting a better deal on race fuel than me. Last VP111 I bought was twice the price of premium. Luckily I only need 3 gallons per tank when I'm going to be on the button.:D

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Nope, probably no better deal, it's just the cost of horsepower and I don't much worry about it any more.
The biggest pain is carrying it. I premix the fuel/oil so I'm the slowest at the pumps when we get fuel.

You must be getting a better deal on race fuel than me. Last VP111 I bought was twice the price of premium. Luckily I only need 3 gallons per tank when I'm going to be on the button.:D

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't mind the extra cost for the power either!!!:D

I carry two VP cans in the trailer, enough for 4 days of riding. reminds me, I need to go fill one can:)

Top Bottom