King Kat Mods

ssjrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 04 King kat and was just wondering what some of the mods are that work best on this sled.

GRD

Reaction score
Good one.... I think polaris is out numbered on this site...

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Good one.... I think polaris is out numbered on this site...

Yes GetR'Done you are correct...... I was just in a goofy mood. I was just thinking how we used to give Wayne Galloway the gears, He sure did good though w/that panther & 1/2" lug when we were in Clemina.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Mods On A Cat

I have a 04 King kat and was just wondering what some of the mods are that work best on this sled.

SERIOUSLY, THOUGH, YOU WOULD HAVE TO USE A LARGE MATCH ON THE ARCTIC CAT WITH THE RMK900 DECAL ON IT, THEN BUY A RT1000........... :D :D HA, HA........LOL
SERIOUSLY, THOUGH, MOD900 OR TEKIM OR CATMANDOO ARE THE BOYS TO TALK TO........ MOD900'S LITTLE SLED, THUMPS PRETTY GOOD, AND HE HAS A 156" X 2.5" X 16":eek: WIDE TRACK, WITH BIG PIPE, PORTED, ECKHOLM SUSPENSION, ETC. ETC. HOPEFULLY THESE GUYS WILL HELP YOU OUT WITH SOME EASY ADVISE........
POST PICS WITH WHAT YOU DOO.........:confused:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
summitric, your right, his sled really rocks but i'm not sure abuot that eckhlom suspension yet. until i see it working right i'm on the fence.
SERIOUSLY, THOUGH, YOU WOULD HAVE TO USE A LARGE MATCH ON THE ARCTIC CAT WITH THE RMK900 DECAL ON IT, THEN BUY A RT1000........... :D :D HA, HA........LOL
SERIOUSLY, THOUGH, MOD900 OR TEKIM OR CATMANDOO ARE THE BOYS TO TALK TO........ MOD900'S LITTLE SLED, THUMPS PRETTY GOOD, AND HE HAS A 156" X 2.5" X 16":eek: WIDE TRACK, WITH BIG PIPE, PORTED, ECKHOLM SUSPENSION, ETC. ETC. HOPEFULLY THESE GUYS WILL HELP YOU OUT WITH SOME EASY ADVISE........
POST PICS WITH WHAT YOU DOO.........:confused:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
King Cat Mods

Well tekims sled is stock with a camo extreme track and let me tell you that baby climbs.I sold my sled deck and was tossing around what to do with the cash to my sled this summer and thanks to tekim my mind is made up,Anyone in the past has told me the maverick is the track to get,I will definatly find out the differences between the two and will have the one I like the best on my sled next year.My sled has a speedwerx pipe,can and y-pipe as well as reeds.After the track I,m also looking at a clutching and gearing combo that works with it,thats it,thats all,other than snow eliminators which is a must on a Kingcat,Order the ones for a M7 as they are about 10 inches longer.For me, thats more than enough sled.I'm not interested than any more than that because thats when the tinkering starts and the riding stops.My two cents..............Mayby four.
catmando!

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
KK Upgrades

Well tekims sled is stock with a camo extreme track and let me tell you that baby climbs.I sold my sled deck and was tossing around what to do with the cash to my sled this summer and thanks to tekim my mind is made up,Anyone in the past has told me the maverick is the track to get,I will definatly find out the differences between the two and will have the one I like the best on my sled next year.My sled has a speedwerx pipe,can and y-pipe as well as reeds.After the track I,m also looking at a clutching and gearing combo that works with it,thats it,thats all,other than snow eliminators which is a must on a Kingcat,Order the ones for a M7 as they are about 10 inches longer.For me, thats more than enough sled.I'm not interested than any more than that because thats when the tinkering starts and the riding stops.My two cents..............Mayby four.
catmando!

I would call it "upgrades" to my sled, rather than "mods", because I have an eerie feeling when I start messing too much with my engine. To add to what Catmando said about my sled, it is an 04 carb, with the Holtzman ATTAC carb system, which seems to have worked flawlessly for me for the last year that I have owned it. It also has a stinger can, and the aforementioned Camoplast Challenger Extreme 162x16x2.5" track. Listed below are the "upgrades" that are done, or would like to do (as well as approximate costs; don't quote me, I am not a parts dealer).:D

Track upgrade: Challenger Extreme or the Maverick, which seems to be the recent talk of the town (my track takes me everywhere and more than where I want to go). You know 162" tracks can be anywhere from $900 to $1400.

Y-pipe, pipe, and can. Let my baby breathe. (Maybe also some breather bullet things). I'm guessing about $600 for the set?

V-force reeds. My ZR800 had them, and seem to give more snap and instant throttle repsonse. About $400?

Extrovert Drivers. Loosen track tension, which reduces drag, and frees up horsepower. About $240?

Some kind of rear foot pegs. I found that this past weekend when going vertical, sometimes just holding on to the handlebars just isn't enough.

Some people "punch" their tracks, to decrease weight, reduce rotating mass and allow snow to clear the rear skid more easily. Again I have an eerie feeling about jeopordizing a $1200 part that is kind of crucial to the operation of the sled.

My :twocents: , or $2500.

Tekim

Last edited:

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would call it "upgrades" to my sled, rather than "mods", because I have an eerie feeling when I start messing too much with my engine. To add to what Catmando said about my sled, it is an 04 carb, with the Holtzman ATTAC carb system, which seems to have worked flawlessly for me for the last year that I have owned it. It also has a stinger can, and the aforementioned Camoplast Challenger Extreme 162x16x2.5" track. Listed below are the "upgrades" that are done, or would like to do (as well as approximate costs; don't quote me, I am not a parts dealer).:D

Track upgrade: Challenger Extreme or the Maverick, which seems to be the recent talk of the town (my track takes me everywhere and more than where I want to go). You know 162" tracks can be anywhere from $900 to $1400.

Y-pipe, pipe, and can. Let my baby breathe. (Maybe also some breather bullet things). I'm guessing about $600 for the set?

V-force reeds. My ZR800 had them, and seem to give more snap and instant throttle repsonse. About $400?

Extrovert Drivers. Loosen track tension, which reduces drag, and frees up horsepower. About $240?

Some kind of rear foot pegs. I found that this past weekend when going vertical, sometimes just holding on to the handlebars just isn't enough.

Some people "punch" their tracks, to decrease weight, reduce rotating mass and allow snow to clear the rear skid more easily. Again I have an eerie feeling about jeopordizing a $1200 part that is kind of crucial to the operation of the sled.

My :twocents: , or $2500.

Tekim

Where did you get those footpegs? Found the same with my sled, but also thinking of snow eliminators, gets pretty slippery.

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where did you get those footpegs? Found the same with my sled, but also thinking of snow eliminators, gets pretty slippery.

Don't have them yet, am looking also. If you start shopping around, there should be some guys who know a thing or two about them. Catmando was also looking for the snow-eliminators. You will have to talk to him about where to get them.

tekim

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can, pipes and reeds are a good starting point for the KING. Flip track around if you are running a attack 20.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can, pipes and reeds are a good starting point for the KING. Flip track around if you are running a attack 20.

KGR,not trying to rain on your parade,but I did this and you trench like there is no tommoro and have no brakes on your way down and let me tell you that is an eye opening experience.I turned it around to powder position and in the powder it is the best thing since sliced bread,when the snow gets heavier in the spring it is not very impressive.Actually it sucks.........mine is for sale if interested!
catmando!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You're selling the big cat??? or just the track???:confused:

Confused,your outright nuts LOL! Sell my Cat,the children go first LOL! (just kidding)The wife would shoot me HA! Ha! LOL! Who's confused now!
OK........just the track!
catmando!

popeye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go for a 16" wide maverick or challenger xtreme. I put 156x16x2.5 extreme on stock 03 900 MC way better than stock 151. After one trip added ported cyliders,vforce3s, and twin pipes and wow. passes 900 rmk with 166"

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rec Supply In Saskatoon Has Cheapest Snow Eliminators , Also The Best And Easiest Mod For A Kk. Next A "y" Pipe And Can, Then Reeds. If It's Efi Then A Controller, Followed A Pipe Or Pipes. Ditch The Track Next, Go With A 16 Wide. Proceed To Top Of Mountain Next

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rec Supply In Saskatoon Has Cheapest Snow Eliminators , Also The Best And Easiest Mod For A Kk. Next A "y" Pipe And Can, Then Reeds. If It's Efi Then A Controller, Followed A Pipe Or Pipes. Ditch The Track Next, Go With A 16 Wide. Proceed To Top Of Mountain Next

I see that Rec Supply has them advertised in their catalog for $189 + shipping, and I had heard that Pure Addiction had them for $150 a set.

My :twocents:, or $39.

tekim:cool:

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Git

Hey! Yamaha page is somewhere else. Spread your misinformation elsewhere! That TURBO must of sucked all the oxygen out of your helmet.

Top Bottom