Kijiji Auto Sales - Exporting vehicles outside of Canada?

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Remember that when you both go to bank for the draft ? A receipt is given to the person paying you .
You need a copy of that receipt for your bank in order to not have a hold on draft for 7 days .
Just FYI .

Exactly. However a lot of banks don’t actually hold back anything, discussed this with my bank in detail. They essentially do you a favour by checking the bank receipt, however if the bank draft is fake the money will be withdrawn from your account and it’s your problem (not the banks).

I’ve sold my two last trucks to Brokers, easiest process ever and offered the best price.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly. However a lot of banks don’t actually hold back anything, discussed this with my bank in detail. They essentially do you a favour by checking the bank receipt, however if the bank draft is fake the money will be withdrawn from your account and it’s your problem (not the banks).

I’ve sold my two last trucks to Brokers, easiest process ever and offered the best price.

Sold quite a few as well and not a worried at all .
Just need to go with buyer to his bank to make sure draft is good .
After that deposit with receipt and good .

Jorg Jorgenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well this guy sounded legit and everything, but I ended up waiting around my house for hours expecting him to call me and show up like he said he would when we spoke earlier that day, but he never did. So that was a pizz off. I even left work early. man I hate trying to accommodate guys who just tire-kick. Anywho, at least I don't have to worry about potential state buyer scams anymore!

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sad thing is it's like the number one export to the U.S. right now .If and when you want to buy a used truck 2-3 yrs old there's no inventory .

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sad thing is it's like the number one export to the U.S. right now .If and when you want to buy a used truck 2-3 yrs old there's no inventory .

No decent used inventory period. Looking for a new to me Dmax with no luck for some time. Even some sketchy looking trucks have been scooped by brokers and flipped.

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No decent used inventory period. Looking for a new to me Dmax with no luck for some time. Even some sketchy looking trucks have been scooped by brokers and flipped.

That’s how I ended up buying a brand new truck in ‘16. If you do find a good used one wait until you see what the price is on it!

Canuck

Reaction score
Anyone know or has used a broker in the south, Calgary, Lethbridge, area that they trust, wife wants to downsize her 2013 Toyota Highlander (48000 kms). Real tired of the dealer experience around here, offers are all over the place and not very realistic, can provide info to anyone interested.

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know a guy in CGY they send lots of them south. I have never sold him anything if you PM me your cell i can text you his info.

Top Bottom