Kids are awesome humanitarians!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We homeschool, but we belong to a school group called Homelinks. There are 150-200 kids I believe, who participate in our program. So even though the kids are schooled at home, each Friday they get together for Art, PE, Science, and some specialty classes.
A few weeks ago two brand new students bicycled to homelinks for instruction from one of the Liason teachers and while inside the school, they had their brand new bikes stolen. My understanding is these are pretty expensive bikes. Most Homeschooled families are on a very very tight budget. The children, on their own, decided to make pies to earn money to buy these new children their bikes back.
So here is Pie Day!
Picture1104.jpg

Picture1095.jpg

Picture1045.jpg

Picture1119.jpg

Picture1127.jpg

There were many many pies sold today! Pyramid building supplies purchased a whole bunch! There were 152 pies made in total.
Picture1128.jpg

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is awesome Mom! It's nice to see the little ones doing great things for others, I am sure they will remember this lesson for life! =)

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is awesome Mom! It's nice to see the little ones doing great things for others, I am sure they will remember this lesson for life! =)

thanks Femme.fatale! I think so.too. We as moms were really touched by how thoughtful these young kids can be. We try to emphasise... look for where you can be "of service". And they do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:d:d:d:d:d

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome mom! A very thoughtful act on the part of you and your kids! kudos....:)

Top Bottom