Keystone/Frisby/Boulder

forginator

Reaction score
We rode Keystone on Dec 4th and had sun all day.Conditions were pretty good........found some powder and climbed hills all day.Went as far back as the cabin.The trail in was the best i had ever seen it!
Rode Frisby on Dec 5th.Snowing heavy and visibility was poor but found some areas that were not pounded but early conditions.Some trees,rocks, and creek holes.BUT not bad and all the snow that fell was helping a lot.We rode from the Glacier House parking lot.
Rode Boulder on Dec. 6th.Still snowing in the morning.Rode from the bottom parking lot.The town of Revy was a mess from all the snow.Stuck semis and cars everywhere but hey thats the price for snow.Let er rip! Anyways we got up top at Boulder and the trail above the cabin was basically a bobsled run of ice and a gong show of guys coming down backwards faster than they went up BUT we waited our turn and got up in the Alpine! There is quite a bit more snow on Frisby that on Boulder.LOTS of hazards.Rcoks,Creeks,Stumps,Etc.
After getting myself out of a couple creek holes one of the guys in our group tore the track completely off his M1 on a tree stump.
They need snow.............but they were gettin' it so things could be a lot better this weekend.
By the way.......just a tip........We "stitched" both tore ends of the track together with rope and he rode that puppy all the way to the trailer.Didn't break any speed record but it worked!

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
90% of the rocks were by sharp drops, @ the top of high steep climbs and where lots of tracks had blown the snow off mind you. Be careful in these areas for sure & also on the extreme elevated tops !Try stick to the low meadows and larger trees, alot more snow cover in there. 3' - 4' fresh by sunday!!.....:cool:

Not saying they didn't exist, just easier to find up high!

BRING ON THE SNOW!!!!

:beerchug:

clifford the big red dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey apexmtn how was the trip been looking every day for those pics, did sam squach and chachy make it back to or did you leave them up high,

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear ya !! Swamped after a 5 day HOLIDAY!!:mad:

Only took pics first day with blackberry, Uzeste no-where to be found !!.....:confused: Must be upside down in trees!! :drink4:

Like I said earlier, great vis. but best snow is down low! (Thursday)

Will post everyones pics as I get em!!! :d Hope they got pow pics, cause these are pretty lame, compared to!:eek:
How does one go about posting vids in thread reply's? You tube link ?

Tough to get pics when your blasting the pow!! :cool:

:d:beer::beer::d

Attachments

• IMG00211.jpg
    IMG00211.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG00215.jpg
    IMG00215.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG00218.jpg
    IMG00218.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG00219.jpg
    IMG00219.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG00217.jpg
    IMG00217.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG00221.jpg
    IMG00221.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 58

clifford the big red dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well those pics look okay, look forward to the rest Will have to get togther with sledhead900 and plan to go out with you guys on a trip, snow will only get better from here on. were you guys able to get around turbo or was the creek still open,

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No we stayed in the hills, on the other side of the bullpen, most of the day. Played around in the low spots to stay in the better snowfall. Higher we went, the harder the pack. We really should have now that I think of it. The "hero" snow would have let us climb that bad boy for sure!! :woohoo1:

Look out on the way DOWN!!!:yikes:

:tree1:

Didn't want to get all FUBAR 'd too early in the trip!

:stretcher:

Top Bottom