Keeping your rear end properly lubricated to handle abuse..

Adrenaline Addiction

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I followed the GM service schedule and my diff oil still came out black..... I am by no means easy on my truck, but not the hardest either. How often other than the GM recommendations should the diff oils be changed to get rid of water and other crap in there to avoid damage and.... is the diff oil coming out black bad?

Get your minds out of the gutter!!!!!

LMFAO, quit BSing people, the last time your truck was even washed it was new. That was 100,000 ago. lol :eek:

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I followed the GM service schedule and my diff oil still came out black..... I am by no means easy on my truck, but not the hardest either. How often other than the GM recommendations should the diff oils be changed to get rid of water and other crap in there to avoid damage and.... is the diff oil coming out black bad?

Get your minds out of the gutter!!!!!

By the sounds of it you are lacking in experience on properly breaking in a rear end! But it looks like you are getting some great guidance thus far!!...proper lube is the trick every time!!:d

KH2110

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have worked as a service manager and as an auto tech, I would recommend 50000kms. Oil is cheap. Synthetic is better due to it having better adhesion properties to metal than a base stock oil ! Now to your water issue. There is no magic km number. The more you 4x4 in deep water the sooner you have to change oil. If your axle and pinion seal are good you could try raising you diff breather tube higher to prevent help prevent water entrance.

yah, raise your breather tube....LOL

that way you'll keep water from entering your rearend

Top Bottom