Keeping your rear end properly lubricated to handle abuse..

IMSICK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
backcountryrebels.com
I followed the GM service schedule and my diff oil still came out black..... I am by no means easy on my truck, but not the hardest either. How often other than the GM recommendations should the diff oils be changed to get rid of water and other crap in there to avoid damage and.... is the diff oil coming out black bad?

Get your minds out of the gutter!!!!!

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
There's many different kinds of lube on the market for rear ends these days. Just make sure you pick one that she's (the truck) comfortable using and make sure you do a proper breakin before driving her hard and fast.

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what your saying, is! Bucky hasnt been doing his job very well? Cheapin out on the lube!

yamahacurtis

Reaction score
I have worked as a service manager and as an auto tech, I would recommend 50000kms. Oil is cheap. Synthetic is better due to it having better adhesion properties to metal than a base stock oil ! Now to your water issue. There is no magic km number. The more you 4x4 in deep water the sooner you have to change oil. If your axle and pinion seal are good you could try raising you diff breather tube higher to prevent help prevent water entrance.

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im a tech at a chev dealer and 50000k is the rec interval and always use syn.

Top Bottom