Keep an eye out

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432572391.948056.jpg

Just saw this garbage on Facebook. Apparently was east of red deer by consort.

Clark Grizwald

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If that person was killed and the person who made this booby trap was caught murder charges would be in order. Booby traps are considered pre meditated Method of killing a person if they are effective I do believe. And even in this condition an attempted man slaughter charge would probably be enough to lock this idiot up. You know it's a local person that frequents this area. Thankfully he wasn't killed

Last edited:

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OMG, I would hope it's not an environmental activist that did that!!! Not that it's any better, but I would think that it was likely done by a frustrated land owner in the area.

A year or two ago, someone strung wire across the trails at Hell's Half Acre shortly after a guy come on Snow and Mud threatening to do something drastic like that. Some of the fine folks on this site figured out who the guy was and reported it to the RCMP. Perhaps the person behind this wire left a trail of hate behind somewhere?

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On private land with the intent to harm, probably not. Single wire to keep animals near or on land probably, depends on how you spin it to the authorities I guess.

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cannot believe someone could do something like that.
What in the hell were they thinking.
Glad to see he wasn't killed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's tree's by consort?
Not a big picture but doesnt look like vegetation that grows in special areas.
Would suspect a land owner but none the less if the intent was harm very sick. Were the rc's called.

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What if someone does this type of trap on their own private land?
Can that be legal to do?
A person shouldn't have to do something on their private land, if they are having enough problems that they resort to that then there is a much bigger issue to deal with. Anyone that doesn't respect private property needs an a$$kicking but this is going too far no matter where it happens.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What if someone does this type of trap on their own private land?
Can that be legal to do?

In the eyes of the law, the only duty that a landowner has to a trespasser is they (the landowner) cannot set a trap for them. So it is not "legal" and the landowner could be successfully sued by an injured rider.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya hurting someone is way past proving a point

Years ago on the medicine River North of eckville, we where skidooing down it at night, farmer or land owner had a single wire across, took my buddy's clear visor off, if he would have been standing up, it would have been bad

We went back the next day, cut the wire and rolled it up with a note in a peanut butter jar... Hung them on the fence

U can imagine what the note said

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I looked just like that guy does once when I was a kid on a dirt bike. Riding through the bush, middle of nowhere. Woke up on the ground and after looking around it appeared someone camped there in a tent or something and left their drying rope behind. Not fun. My brother got it once too from a 1" cable across a road back in the bush with no flagging tape, triangle signs or anything. Found out a local forestry company did it and they ended up getting fined and paying for damage to his atv as they didn't have permission from BC Forestry to even deactivate the road.
Some people need their heads examined when they pull this $hit.

Top Bottom