kawasaki prairie 650cc 2003 no spark

julliopat

Reaction score
Hi guys, don't know what happen,,,,,was working find and then suddenly no spark?? I did everything the book said to test but the only thing I cannot test is the igniter box (cdi). Every time I click the start button and look at the spark plug tip, I can see one spark at first and then nothing. I kind of dont want to spend 400$ on a igniter box if I'm not sure thats the issue. Any body has this issue before and can help me.

Thanks for your help.
Pat

julliopat

Reaction score
I test yesterday night again, both coil, I have my 12 volts to both coil too, test the ohms on the pick up coil and its all good.........samething, every time I click the start button I have just one spark ?? dont know what to look at anymore.
any help pls.

Pat

julliopat

Reaction score
Hi thanks for the reply I did change the spark plug and every conector got di elec.. grease, I had a spare wiring harness so I change it and nothing!!!! Any other help???

E&S

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Inspect the Vehicle down sensor under rear fender , Thats what it sounds like to me, Remove all aftermarket chips or controllers and test. If everything else is in working order then it is the CDI unit, I can get ya a good deal on anything you need, Part # 27010-1421 -Darren

Last edited:

julliopat

Reaction score
I test the vehicle down sensor but its good when im reporting to the book so I guess its the Cdi since I retest everything yesterday.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Dynatek website doesn't list this CDI any more....but this part WAS cheaper than a stock CDI years ago and gave the v-twin a large boost in performance. Might be worth e-mailing Dynatek and seeing if the CDI is still available.

Top Bottom