Kaw Ridge

SPDFREEK

Reaction score
Little clip of me at Kaw ridge a few days ago. First time climbing with my new 09 M8. Very pleased even though the snow was rotten.

Later.

SPDFREEK

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6nFMdurO2Q[/media]

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How was the snow up there? I thought it might still be a bit rocky. Sled sounds good.:cool:What can are you running on it?:beer:

mountainman611

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sled is sounding good! How did you get up there? I thought that the Beaverdam road is closed down for logging.Did you take the trail from the flats?

SPDFREEK

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments on the sled. The can is made by Jaws. Saves 7 pounds and is Damn loud when you carve to the left. We weren't sure how it was going to be when we headed out too but just had to because of that "itch". Was a little scratchy at spots getting there but well worth it. Few bevies, sunshine and some sleddin is allways a good day. As far as the Beaverdam Rd. is concerned, they are logging only up to around 8km. That is where we launched from and it was good till Sheep Creek...no snow for about 50 ft on the road and then good till the tops of the ridge where it blows off. Once down in the bowls...one side is allways good.

Going again on Mon. or Tues. if anyone is interested.

Let me know.

SPDFREEK.

mountainman611

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went up to the beaverdam road today from the flats.Good thing I brought an axe,there was a few trees accross the trail.Went up as far as the Baily bridge.After that the road was completely windblown all the way up,so I turned around.
Would love to join you on Mon or Tues but am working days next week.

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were just in Kaw today, went in from the sheep creek road and unloaded at the copton airstrip. Definitely some bare ground going over the tops, good snow in the bowls. If the wind isn't too horrible there's some fun to be had for sure:)
Ive always found it better to go in the back way on the copton side

Top Bottom