Kanedog discovers a Clutching CATastrophy, again. Pics!

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh boy. You are saying that even if the the clutch cover hits the spider nut and stops the shift out, the belt would break long before that? Come on now. Wouldn’t that be a design flaw if that was the design?

You also say full shift out will never happen anyway. What about when you get air and you and your 270hp are wfo? Do you think a sled in the air, wfo wouldn't instantly go to full shift? Come on now. With your theory the belt should break before that point anyway.

That’s like saying if your truck reaches overdrive, the tires will blow. It’s like you are saying that you never use overdrive, so therefore any other truck will never reach overdrive even it’s in spinning in ice. That makes no sense.

Furthermore, if your 270hp King Cat belt only goes to 1” from the top of the clutch then one or more of the following is in play.
1. Your sled is not putting out 270hp, not even close.
2. Your sled is geared way too high.
3. You ride like a grandma.
I am definitely getting full shift on mine.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank-you.
Will be taking that into my dealer tomorrow.
New primary time.

Good luck!! Hopefully they will be giving out the newest latest clutch. I can’t imagine they would give you anything else but I wouldn’t accept anything but the -895 part number looks like some pretty big changes.

Can you please confirm on this pic? Is this a crack as well? Or is it the casting. It’s important info. Please confirm.

Thank you

d04d414087f74a2112f9cc844a2b8492.jpg

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you please upload another pic of this spot? that would be very helpful as well

Thank you

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good luck!! Hopefully they will be giving out the newest latest clutch. I can’t imagine they would give you anything else but I wouldn’t accept anything but the -895 part number looks like some pretty big changes.

Can you please confirm on this pic? Is this a crack as well? Or is it the casting. It’s important info. Please confirm.

Thank you

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191127/d04d414087f74a2112f9cc844a2b8492.jpg
Well if they can't order me a new spider, then I guess a whole new 2020 primary it is.

I'll double check tomorrow but I think that one is just a casting line.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I mine is not cracked yet would you recommend putting the 911 cover on?

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
So I mine is not cracked yet would you recommend putting the 911 cover on?

100% recommend. I have it on my Team primary clutch. It improves clutch performance and clutch life as well!

Here is some nifty clutch history to chew on.
Approximately fifteen years ago, Team attempted to copy the design of Duane Watts’ invention, the Paragon secondary clutch. Albeit, not a very good attempt. This “kind of but not really” version is what is known today as the Team secondary clutch.

Fast forward fifteen years and now another Duane Watts’ invention, the 911 cover from the same era, is one of the few products that can help the current Team primary clutch.

Weird how the world works.

The above are my beliefs.

Last edited:

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
100% recommend. I have it on my Team primary clutch. It improves clutch performance and clutch life as well!

Here is some nifty clutch history to chew on.
Approximately fifteen years ago, Team attempted to copy the design of Duane Watts’ invention, the Paragon secondary clutch. Albeit, not a very good attempt. This “kind of” version is what is known today as the Team secondary clutch.

Fast forward fifteen years and now another Duane Watts’ invention, the 911 cover from the same era, is one of the few products that can help the current Team primary clutch.

Weird how the world works.

The above are my beliefs.

So if I go with the 911 cover then I assume the primary clutch would have to be rebalanced ?

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
So if I go with the 911 cover then I assume the primary clutch would have to be rebalanced ?
I would just run it, no balancing. For the perfectionists and if your time and money situation is good it can’t hurt. It’s a personal choice. At this point, I think it’s important to have a solid, skookum(cool word right?)clutch cover.

Last edited:

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can I get a link for the best place to buy this 911 cover.

If you get a new 2020 clutch under warranty then you should not need the 911 cover? KBI has not confirmed the clearance issue has been rectified on the new clutch but I’m certain they have made some big changes to the new 2020 clutch. For it to have a complete new part number it has some major changes. I’m still debating on the 911 cover myself just for peace of mind on my 2020 clutch

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thank you

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191127/d04d414087f74a2112f9cc844a2b8492.jpg
Casting, I have the same on my brand new 19'.

Top Bottom