kalazon and upper burnt????

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im heading to chetwyn on dec 27 with a group of friends we are going to ride in the kalazon and also the upper burnt does any one know what the conditions are like in these areas right now??

mountainhunter

Reaction score
calazon is pretty good above 4000 ft. [altimiter on the xp is cool] below that has got a bit of rain..havent been to the burnt to many coal trucks. cheers

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanx man how much pow is in the calazon?? we are riding there the first day then we will be checkin out the upper burnt ive never been to chetwyn this will be the first time but my buddy rob rides there all season on his days off

mountainhunter

Reaction score
at 4500 ft it was at least chest deep . if you are going into the burnt you better have a radio,dont know what the freq. is .coal trucks coming out loaded dont stop empty traffic has to make room.also dont know how far the road is plowed not a lot of logging activity this year.we usually ride there in the spring.might see you in calazon 27 / 28. cheers

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You better check the forecasts, it was -40 here this morning. Hope it warms up for you guys.

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya it was -42 here as well but did warm up to -27 later in the day and i heard suppose to get warmer over christmas so we will keep our fingers crossed

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just looked at the local forefast and looks like -20 to -28 for day time highs most of next week hope you guys dress for it. to cold for me thats why I quad insteed:) have fun

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
-20 i think we will still ride but any colder than that and not so much fun anymore so im hoping that we get to see a bit warmer temps at least for the 3 days we will be riding 27,28,29th after that i dont care if its cold altho id like to see it stay around -15 to -20

Top Bottom