kakwa

Diggerr

Reaction score
I'm heading up too kakwa next week from Regina and i've never been sledding outside the prairies, I'm by myself and was wondering if anyone up there might be able too show me around a little I hear good things about that part of the country and ill have an extra day or two too play, hate to miss out on something just cause i didn't know about it. I'm riding an 05 Yammy RX1 warrior with a 136 inch 1 1/4 track any advise or tips would also be greatly appreciated.

mountianman

Reaction score
not a place to go if you don't know any one. 2 hr drive from Grande Prairie to staging area then another hour to cabin. most people out there have camps they stay in as thats 6 hours of driving. :(

Diggerr

Reaction score
I appreciate the heads up, I was thinking about heading up too the staging area sunday night, sleeping in the truck so I can hit the trails Monday morning. thought id ride till 3:00 and be back in G.P. for supper. Sounds like I'd need to be little better prepaired.

Anvil1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We leave from GP, unload at staging, sled the day and come home that night. It is no different then when we go to Powder King, Beaver Creek, Core Lodge etc. It's a long day but worth it.
Bring extra fuel if you go to Kakwa. We have had guys run out even with extra fuel.

paulw22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You will have fun on the ride in, nice groomed trail. One your in there its full on avy terrain, make sure your prepared for that. Tons of meadows and low elevation riding all around the cabin. Extra fuel as anvil says is a must. Hopefully your not going alone, if so dont venture to far from the trail, theres lots of powder to get that 136" track stuck in. You will need a camera, wicked nice views if its clear. Check swan city snowmobile club website and facebook for up to date info. Oh ya you will need a 4x4 and maybe chains for the Stetson, maybe even TP coming from the prairies.

Paul

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
be aware road past the ststson hill is extremely iced up,we cancelled this weekend until i can get some chains.we where out monday and it was bad,supposed to be worse now..

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We came out on the 2nd and it was brutal. The road looked like the zamboni had just taken a run over it. Need chains for sure!

Diggerr

Reaction score
Ok thanks again i'll pick up chains on the way from Regina tomorrow, and if anyone wants a free ride too Kakwa from Grande Prairie monday I have room for one more sled on my deck! (Just think of it babysitting on steriods)!

Top Bottom