Kakwa snow report

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any update to the snow at Kakwa, I see according to the weather station there has been about 40cm since yesterday.

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any update to the snow at Kakwa, I see according to the weather station there has been about 40cm since yesterday.
I'm gonna make some phone calls and get to the bottom of this. Weather station is sayin they got er. May have to make a mid week rip in. I will let you guys know.

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Im pretty sure the weather station was reading wrong since Feb 11(there was a sharp drop in snow depth and really inconsistent temps), however it does look like Kakwa is getting snow now(snow depth is at 209cm!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Playing in the trees and getting stuck, forgot to mention yesterday GROOMED trail all the way to lake, there was only 2 sleds ahead of us, Stetson good, but the road along the lakes was slippery in areas

Attachments

• IMG_0070.jpg
    IMG_0070.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 171

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Sledded kakwa on Saturday. Snowed all day. Poor visibility. I had a new sledder with me so it was a fairly laid back day. Good snow to be had for sure though. Trail in and out was in great shape. Maybe 15 trucks in the parking lot. It would be nice if the snow would hold up. March could be awsome in there ��

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to plan for next Sat if some of you would like to go. I don't perform any Nitro Circus stuff, but it would be a pleasure meeting some of you,.. depending on the conditions later this week of course.

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm off wed, thurs this week, and then the weekend of the 5-6....Think chains would be needed? I'd have to take a ford ranger in...:/

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't maker er..Guess I'm going somewhere sunny....still aint got my superduty on the road...I'm a procrastinator...:(

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the snow was pretty good,..

On a side note, does anyone know the douchetard that got caught at the falls staging area stuck in the snow in a pickup truck a few days ago,.. got a $1500 fine and had to be towed out by the skimmer. If you do know him, kick him in the nuts and find a new friend.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

On a side note, does anyone know the douchetard that got caught at the falls staging area stuck in the snow in a pickup truck a few days ago,.. got a $1500 fine and had to be towed out by the skimmer. If you do know him, kick him in the nuts and find a new friend.

1500 hund sounds like a-lot of cash for getting stuck, mind you its a fair jont in & out.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

How was the snow on the trail from the staging area to the bus? We were there a few weeks back and was pretty bad on the way in and out. Heading out again this weekend.

Don't know the douche in the pu but if I happen to encounter him will be happy to give him a swift kicK:)

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How was the snow on the trail from the staging area to the bus? We were there a few weeks back and was pretty bad on the way in and out. Heading out again this weekend.

Don't know the douche in the pu but if I happen to encounter him will be happy to give him a swift kicK:)

Snow was good up to the firewood shed, through trees pretty dirty. If you take the falls cutoff to the right after the trail pass bus the water is open in about 3 spots you have to cross but it's not bad. Trail wasn't groomed when we went in so we took the river, was groomed in the way out but kind of okay

Top Bottom