Kakwa snow report

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any one headed out this weekend? I'm looking to go for a day, not sure if going to Kakwa or CoreLodge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I "might" be going to Kakwa on Saturday,.. not overly familiar past the lake apart from Ruth,.. usually ride with guys that know the area,.. hence the "might".

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm still in the "might" go stage, I just need to find a sitter for a two yr old.. Lol

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm good for kakwa tomorrow if anyone needs an extra rider or two, or if someone wants to ride with us, just waiting for a acknowledge from another rider

Dmf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
awesome snow yesterday was a blast. I was a little disgusted by some acts of others out there, passing on the trail wide open on corners, pulling avy terrain run outs off the trail (which on the way out I noticed it did slide)

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow was DEEP, day didn't last long as buddy blew his chain and case on his Cat.

Word of caution for those going out, road in from two lakes is BAD!!!!!!!!!! chains are recommended in some spots, drive at your own risk.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, tons of untracked

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 231
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 244

impact71

Reaction score
Looks beauty. This might seem silly but I'll ask anyhow. Where is kakwa? Pls give me directions on how to get there from Edmonton.

Dmf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks beauty. This might seem silly but I'll ask anyhow. Where is kakwa? Pls give me directions on how to get there from Edmonton.

Kakwa is located roughly 2 hours from grande prairie. Head south on highway 40 and turn off the exit to your right after you cross the wapiti river. Stay on this road eventually turns into an oil field road (two lakes road) keep on trucking to parking lot. Around 165 Kms one way. Two way radio is a must

Dmf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tire chains a must too just in case. (Stetson hill close to parking lot can be dicey)

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You are 12hrs away, you are better off going to Valemount/Blueriver or Mcbride

Google maps coordinates 54.256175, -119.850178

Last edited:

Flyer

Reaction score
Arewethereyet has over estimated. Edmonton to GP is 4.5 hours. Another 2 to Kakwa is 6.5. Allow 7, because 2 hours from GP to Kakwa is driving fairly fast on a road that is reported to be in poor condition.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Arewethereyet has over estimated. Edmonton to GP is 4.5 hours. Another 2 to Kakwa is 6.5. Allow 7, because 2 hours from GP to Kakwa is driving fairly fast on a road that is reported to be in poor condition.

My bad, I was just going by Google maps

Dmf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well snow went to crap in two days from all this warm weather/ still was a great day away from work

~[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F6w4Yu_-j8[/VIDEO

Top Bottom