kakwa race

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whos all looking forward to the two lakes road sat/sun.were going sunday morning and take the leftover site in the parking lot loop...

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How are the camps coming? Many set up already? Will have to go check out that areas sometime

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nov 1 is when you can set up camp, so usually the race for spots starts at midnight on the 31st.this is only our second winter so we take whats left,dont want to cause problems with taking a spot that has been someones for years..

stickman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Kakwa Kadillac is slated to go in on Sunday morning as well. Hope to get the same spot as last year.
From what I here the road is pretty slick, take your time and get there in one piece. Hopefully see you down there Rotormech, stop in for a chat.

stickman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Kakwa Race is a loose term used by the winter campers that put camps up on the Alberta side of the Kakwa area.
Once you get your permit you can set up a camp for the winter. You can't put your camp in before Nov 1 and it is a first come first serve basis to get a spot. There are limited spots so the Race to the camping spots starts early in the morning.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Kakwa Race is a loose term used by the winter campers that put camps up on the Alberta side of the Kakwa area.
Once you get your permit you can set up a camp for the winter. You can't put your camp in before Nov 1 and it is a first come first serve basis to get a spot. There are limited spots so the Race to the camping spots starts early in the morning.

Here in BC we just go camp.

stickman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what time you guys going stickman,so i can pass you and get your spot....

Change of plans rotormech, we'll be going in really early Sunday, have a couple of guys that need to be back by the early afternoon.

stickman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey rotormech, we say you on your way in, did you get your spot? We got in there at 2AM and didn't get our spot, We moved a couple of spots over.
I don't think everybody played by the rules again this year. There wasn't much left in the "E" loop at 2 in the morning. I don't think all those camps got set up like that in 2 hours. Hopefully the club will have something in place for next year. I'm going to the Nov meeting to see what comes of it.

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya we got the same spot,last one left,ya theres no way all that was set up sunday,so much for the sdr guy policing the camp set up,what a joke...

stickman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good, we are still neighbours, hopefully you guys can make it out for more rides this year. When are you guys putting in the rest of your camp? We still have to put on the porch.

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What did they do last year to prevent people from setting up camp early? Where do you sit at midnight Oct 31st? I'd like to go one of these times and just see the race/set up camp. Glad both of you stil got a spot.

stickman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The problem is you can't prevent people from going in early to set up. Apparently the club is working on some plan so it won't happen in the future. Right now it's the honour system and apparently alot of people have no honour.

stickman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we need more in there. maybe 6-8 inches on the ground in the parking lot. give it about a month I would say.

Top Bottom