K&N Air Filters

mrsummit700

Reaction score
Hey guys Just wondering what benefits would be noticed if I switched out my stock air box for 2 k&n air filters.

2000 Summit 700 HM w/ Single pipe
Thanks in advance

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i run them on my ol zx 800,definatly woke it up.just make sure u get the pre filters or u'll b suckin in all the belt dust.More venting the better also as the zx hood is real flat and just holds all the snow so dont get alot of fresh air.make sure ur exhaust doesnt leak or she'll bog from time to time..

mrsummit700

Reaction score
Thanks Ill try it out and see what happens... How much of a adjustment did the air screw need when you changed over ? rich or lean

Last edited:

02 summit 700

Reaction score
Im also thinking about this is the there any noticeable throttle response change

thanks

mrsummit700

Reaction score
After installing the filters and riding for 30mins I would have to say there is a noticeable change in throttle response .

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got any pics? thinking of doing the same to an 02 800!

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have K&n pods with outer prefilters an they work great on a sled ad there is very little dirt or dust other than belt dust
I personally would not run them in a atv's,dirtbike or car again as there is to much dirt and dust as the are beach to clean properly and there is way better filter technology available now anyway

cancritter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you have a problem with their product or just don't like them ?

is personal preference...in snow non issue but as mentioned belt dust and brake dust are more than likely to get sucked into tbi due to less filteration...in diesel trucks it can be a killer...google dusted engines...
tried one on my 91 gmc build...oil changes would look nasty due to dust..went back to paper and was much cleaner..night/day difference

nowww..if you race and rebuild every couple races..ie dirt track ect imagine theyd be a non issue but under real world experiences where you me and most folks here ride or drive we want reliability an longevity K&Ns are best avoided...anyway just my real world experience....some times the new product aint all its cracked up to be...flavor of the month type idea

Top Bottom