just finished my rad relocation

Bigdaddy00

Reaction score

carter.c

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think i am going to do it again on my dads 420 and this time take pictures during the whole procedure to post so others can do it to there quad. before i started mine i looked on the web for info on how to do it and there were only a few helpful posts that still left me with questions.

Bigdaddy00

Reaction score
Just finished my rad relocate,works just great. :d :beer::beer:

Attachments

• 0702000753.jpg
    0702000753.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 37

carter.c

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks awesome man. did you paint your rad? if anyone is going to do this to there quad i would advise not to paint it. when mine gets hot, the nastiest fumes come off of it.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like you dont want to be going through any trees.........are theere any special guards you can buy.

just asking becuase i need to do it on mine but like to bushwack LOL

Bigdaddy00

Reaction score
looks awesome man. did you paint your rad? if anyone is going to do this to there quad i would advise not to paint it. when mine gets hot, the nastiest fumes come off of it.

No I didn`t,but did paint the mesh gaurd.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I apologize for the ignorance but why would someone relocate there rad to there? you loose rack space, it seems like your hooped if you roll quad (no one ever plans to roll there toy), and you have to stay out of the trees.

is this strickly a mud bogging thing for some reason??

Bigdaddy00

Reaction score
looks like you dont want to be going through any trees.........are theere any special guards you can buy.

just asking becuase i need to do it on mine but like to bushwack LOL

Yes,you can but aluminun or steel gaurds. My son is a welder and going to make me a gaurd/roll bar.

Bigdaddy00

Reaction score
I apologize for the ignorance but why would someone relocate there rad to there? you loose rack space, it seems like your hooped if you roll quad (no one ever plans to roll there toy), and you have to stay out of the trees.

With the Cat`s rad system,the oil cooler is part of the rad system. So very tough wash out and had numerouse over heating problems,and my son is making me a roll/gaurd for that excat reason.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

pretty much. as soon as these rads get a bit dirty witht he big engines atvs they overheat. my 700 can barely do a trail ride without overheating its starting to really annoy me. its fine if the rad is clean but if you hit a muddy spot and get it dirty your screwed for the rest of the day.

having it on top makes it easier to clean and better airflow.

carter.c

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for the roll over question, i tried to angle my rad to be protected by the roll bar, it wont protect in every situation, but you can never plan for every situation.

I did loose rack space but while it was still underneath i lost valuable riding time when my quad would overheat in the middle of nowhere and there never seems to be a puddle or creek to wash it off handy at those times.

i did just do this mod for my love of mud, if you are not constantly in the mud or not having problems with over heating then i would say your rad is fine where it is. But i have this record thing of hitting every mud hole that the group i ride with comes across, so it became an issue.

Top Bottom