Just bought Outlander MAX 800R LTD - question

emeldahay

Reaction score
Just bought a Outlander MAX 800R EFI LTD - couldnt wait for the 2012 models - wish I could have. Pick it up early in the week.

It comes with 6 months warranty - the extended warranty covers just the engine - price is 900CAD$ within 60 days of purchase or $1000 within 6 months.

Given what can go wrong on the warranty and only the engine is covered would people with experience say this is worth while extending?

I`m not sure on costs to know if its worth it or not?

Any opinions?

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personally I never bother with warranties because I am not much of a stock fan. And hopefully you got a good dealer because the one I bought my Polaris at was terrible for the warranty work my quad needed (every weekend) so now I got a Brute.

Long story short, but I never buy the extended warranty. Thats my 2¢. Others may disagree.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check your warranty very carefully, not sure what thread it was but there seems to be some hanky panky when it comes to warranties with Can Am. If I read it correctly you have to finance the damn thing through BRP to get the three year warranty. I am looking to get a new machine in a couple of years but if it going to be a hassle I may just spend the money and completly rebuild mine. hmmmm

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the 3 yr "BEST" warranty, plus an additional 6 months for filling out some on-line coupon and it was honored without question for the few minor issues I had. I never financed anything. 1 axle, 2 water pump seals, 1 CV boot....dealer didn't even bat an eye. I'd hate to have to pay to do that water pump seal.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am suspecting that is has to do with your dealer then, who did you deal with Dave?

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dealer has a lot to do with it.. if dealer works with you, you can get some grey area things covered... the best covers more than motor... any sealed unit, like engine, trans, front and rear diff... other things are covered too, like Dave said...

with my 07 rene i had a aftermarket warranty that bow cycle sold besides the best.... i took it, and they covered lots, never had a problem... in 3 years i claimed twice what the warranty cost...

now with my 10 Xcc, i have the 3 year best... have not used it yet but there is a 50 buck deductible which i did not have with my other rene back in 07.

i paid by cheque for my quad, did not finace and got the 3 year thrown in for free and took my 10 rene Xxc home for 13100 cdn tax in..

Top Bottom