Just bought 2014 freeride what to get?

mountainshredder69

Reaction score
I just bought a skidoo freeride from a dealer with just passed 1000 clicks on it, so excited! What mods should I get/upgrades to make this sled absolutely rip? It already has a TSS can and pipe setup, skinz rear bumper, three inch track, it comes with a belt drive from tki just the cover was broken, and a full handlebar and riser setup from rsi!

vyvyvadu.jpg
arupaba4.jpg
getatu9e.jpg
4ega6uju.jpg
avupapep.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take that TSS can off I know of 3 guys with them and they all ran like sh!t with them. And not to mention that if it's the tunnel dump the sound isn't the nicest sound! But it should rip with that track!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds pretty well setup already. Only real room for improvement is more power. Talk to TSS or Trygstad.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you bought it out of Riderz in Edson take it back and get them to put a Trygstad 872 big bore in it. Bulletproof, big power and they are an authorized dealer and installer.

Steve Slade

Reaction score
Bought the same sled last winter . Best sled I have ever rode hands down you're gonna love it. Don't really understand why more people don't ride freerides over summits. The suspension is awesome and the forward steering post is a way better setup than the summit. I love it so much I ordered the green 15 model as well. Come on winter

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought the same sled last winter . Best sled I have ever rode hands down you're gonna love it. Don't really understand why more people don't ride freerides over summits. The suspension is awesome and the forward steering post is a way better setup than the summit. I love it so much I ordered the green 15 model as well. Come on winter
Thought on the XM's the steering post was the same between freeride and summit?

mountainshredder69

Reaction score
Take that TSS can off I know of 3 guys with them and they all ran like sh!t with them. And not to mention that if it's the tunnel dump the sound isn't the nicest sound! But it should rip with that track!

What problems were they having with this can? And no it's not a tunnel dump system. I would wait until the warranty runs out before I would do a motor upgrade! Has anyone had experience with turbos/big bores at sea level?

Thanks

mountainshredder69

Reaction score
Also I was wondering how much work it is to change out the 156 and put a 137 in? I ride western Ontario at sea level 70% of the year

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also I was wondering how much work it is to change out the 156 and put a 137 in? I ride western Ontario at sea level 70% of the year

not hard but you will need different drivers, track, rear suspension. also it will look funny and wont wheelie properly because you will have alot of extra tunnel sticking out.

wont be hard to get rid of the 154 suspension and track but may be hard to find a 137 suspension and track. if i were you i would keep it and just change the 3" track out for a 1.5" track

mountainshredder69

Reaction score
I bought that sled instead of a 137 because around here people want 4-5000 more than what I paid so it was worth it. I have already got a line on a 137 track and suspension for $500 from a front hit sled I have already started planning to construct a bumper that will work as a tunnel extension from a 136 to a 154 and I will be buying a whole new drive shaft with drivers so I only have to swap them out not change drivers every time I drive to revel stoke

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What problems were they having with this can? And no it's not a tunnel dump system. I would wait until the warranty runs out before I would do a motor upgrade! Has anyone had experience with turbos/big bores at sea level?

Thanks

They all ran like crap, real boggy and sputter. My uncle on his ptec had to take a lot of weight out of his primary just to get the revs up, so that's means he lost power. He went from pulling his rpms at clicker 3 at elevation to not be able to pull rpms at clicker 6. My cousin with his 2013 xm wouldnt even pull it's self off the lake in Chappell. Put my can on it and it ran 100% all the way up.

mountainshredder69

Reaction score
Okay thanks for the tip and I would just switch the sled back to the 156 a day or two before we drive 24 hours to revelstike

handyandy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe just switch back to 2.5inch and leave it as it is. I ride a 146 by 2.5 and my friend rides a 162 by 2.25 in sask. We never ride trails but often the snow is shallow and hardpacked and we never have any issues and the sleds handle fine.

mountainshredder69

Reaction score
Yeah I would love to but we ride a lot of trails here to get to good backcountry areas and the snow dosent get more than 2-3 feet of fresh at one time

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You need one of these:

I have a only 1 left for the XM but 2 for Cat and 1 for Polaris. They are quick sellers.

$125 in Calgary

PM me if you want it because I don't follow all the threads.

Last edited:
Top Bottom