Just a little FYI on the Polaris CFI Engine and surrounding rumors

trebelNtig

Reaction score
I have a question regarding the cranks......

I have a 2011, Pro 800 RMK 155, with approximately 1200 miles on it. I live in Saskatchewan (Flatlander), and this sled only has 2 trips on it to the mountains.
Last spring (MARCH) it started idling high, so I took it to the dealer, as I still have extended warranty. PTO crank seal gone, so it was sucking air, (reason), PTO end bearing was on the way out and took out the seal. They dropped in a complete new engine.

The Polaris tech asked me if I did lots of carving in deep snow.... Pissin around slow....Less under hood air movement. Yes I do... He said that happened because the clutches/belt heat up, transferring that heat to the crank and PTO bearing, and the heat causes bearing failure.

Will a clutch side vent kit help to prevent this from happening again??? Looking at installing a MO FLO Vent Kit, 6 panel, with pre-filters.

Is there anyway of telling if I have the Fuji crank in this new drop in?

The sled has been great and is in mint shape, Polaris has not come out with anything great, that makes me want to upgrade, or that I won't break ie(driveshaft and the belt drive).

BTW, great thread, with lots of useful info. I will be definitely be putting in the piston/head kit, in this new drop in.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
trebel, can you update your account location? Wondering if you do any sledding around here, as that's the kind of sledding I'm always looking to do.

RK Tek

Reaction score
Website
www.2strokeheads.com
Please explain in detail the differences between RKT pistons and the wossner pistons I can buy off the shelf. Thanks

The RK Tek Piston uses different rings, ring location, piston shape, complete piston geometry.. bascially, they are different in every way except for the wrist pin and pin clips.. ALL else is custom designed by RK Tek..

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The RK Tek Piston uses different rings, ring location, piston shape, complete piston geometry.. bascially, they are different in every way except for the wrist pin and pin clips.. ALL else is custom designed by RK Tek..

Ok thanks, and this is apples to apples? Your direct replacement piston vs Wossners direct replacement?

Thanks

RK Tek

Reaction score
Website
www.2strokeheads.com
Ok thanks, and this is apples to apples? Your direct replacement piston vs Wossners direct replacement?

Thanks

Yes, that is what I was referencing.. direct repl vs. direct repl.. our Drop in Kit is different pistons that are not even offered by anybody else

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok then here is the question and im not trying offend anyone or say any one is right, wrong or in different but please explain to me what are the benefits of where everything is placed on your RKTEK captive piston vs the off the shelf wossner??

Deano

RK Tek

Reaction score
Website
www.2strokeheads.com
Deano, all the info is on the website and probably in this thread...

ALL RK Tek pistons are designed from a BLANK sheet of paper.. they are an ORIGINAL DESIGN based on decades of 2 stroke engine building experience .....We have been doing pistons for a very long time... We are very fortunate to have a company like Wossner who will work with us and build a great product to our specs.. Very fortunate..

As for the 15HP drop in kit piston, it is SO different that it is an apple to and orange comparision.. The HP gain from this kit is REAL and VERY apparent and this can not be argued (as much as you would like to)

Pick your piston and be happy with it.. There is no doubt either is better than the OEM junk pistons or the Chinese pistons that many are offering...The Wiseco pistons skirts collapse even worse than the OEM..

Last edited:

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im not trying to argue with you as you claim in your previous post Kelsey I just want real answers to real problems so my customers can spend their real hard earned money on something that works. How bout this send me a drop in kit and we will bolt in on our shop sled. No cylinder alterations no pipe no air box mods nothing just the way you would sell it out the door 15hp more and we will strap it to the dyno and see what happens. Id love to be able to sell 15 hp pistons and heads if its an option I will do just that. Its an offer Kelsey not a war. If this interests you pm me or call me at the shop next week 780 986 6370

Thank you

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kelsey, the 14's have new OEM pistons. To me this may indicate that Polaris is admitting they had a problem with previous designs or possibly they just found another manufacturer. Anyway do you know anything about their new piston yet? I am a little surprized by this change as I thought the 13's were much better than the 11's or 12's already.

RK Tek

Reaction score
Website
www.2strokeheads.com
Kelsey, the 14's have new OEM pistons. To me this may indicate that Polaris is admitting they had a problem with previous designs or possibly they just found another manufacturer. Anyway do you know anything about their new piston yet? I am a little surprized by this change as I thought the 13's were much better than the 11's or 12's already.

The 2014 piston is the SAME as previous years,, The difference is the ring. They changed the ring ONLY... so, the piston will still suffer the same fate but the ring should last longer..So, they are movnig in the right direction

RK Tek

Reaction score
Website
www.2strokeheads.com
Im not trying to argue with you as you claim in your previous post Kelsey I just want real answers to real problems so my customers can spend their real hard earned money on something that works. How bout this send me a drop in kit and we will bolt in on our shop sled. No cylinder alterations no pipe no air box mods nothing just the way you would sell it out the door 15hp more and we will strap it to the dyno and see what happens. Id love to be able to sell 15 hp pistons and heads if its an option I will do just that. Its an offer Kelsey not a war. If this interests you pm me or call me at the shop next week 780 986 6370

Thank you

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

With all due respect, deano... you have already jumped in here and pimped your "new" Polaris kit..in a purely INFORMATIVE thread that is about engine rumors.. not fix kits... You have made your decision on the route you will be taking with this engine...I wish you the best of luck with it... Your kit is VERY expensive (5 times the cost of what we offer) and uses very different components than mine.. Again, best of luck to ya with it.. I am sure it will do just fine.

If you are truley interested in seeing my kit in action, there are PLENTY, and I mean PLENTY running around Canada...So, I suspect you will have no problem running into one this season.

Here is the way I look at it. If you were interested in my products you would have a kit that uses my products OR would have at least contacted me at some point to discuss a kit.. This never happened.. so, it is logical to assume that you honestly have NO interest in my products.. IMO

Chris will have some on display at the Edmonton show next week.. feel free to check them out there...

Last edited:

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thank you

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS
I would love for this to happen .:smiliestirthepot:

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So that's great to hear that the 14's have new OEM pistons. I had a 2010 Dragon and had lots of engine issues so I am really hoping to have less issues with my 2014. getting towed out by a summit x twice really hurts my pride.

RK Tek

Reaction score
Website
www.2strokeheads.com
So that's great to hear that the 14's have new OEM pistons. I had a 2010 Dragon and had lots of engine issues so I am really hoping to have less issues with my 2014. getting towed out by a summit x twice really hurts my pride.

The 2014 Piston is the SAME as before.. Only the ring is different

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Id say I can make this happen. I will contact Chris next week for your kit I do some business with him currently. Just to make sure i have this correct i need to order pistons and head correct?? What comp ratio?? Stock base gasket?? I just want be sure I have all the correct parts to achieve 15 hp. Thank you Kelsey

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Id say I can make this happen. I will contact Chris next week for your kit I do some business with him currently. Just to make sure i have this correct i need to order pistons and head correct?? What comp ratio?? Stock base gasket?? I just want be sure I have all the correct parts to achieve 15 hp. Thank you Kelsey

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

I would love to see some real FACTUAL
number results BRING IT!

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

Good for you dean, about time someone put this " rumored" cheap miraculous 15 hp claim to a real test. Internet HP seems sometime to sort of shrink up from the time you pay for it, get it shipped and get it on the sled. And he is right, there are quite a few running around that we've all seen, that's where the doubt comes from.

Top Bottom