Just a little FYI on the Polaris CFI Engine and surrounding rumors

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya no real info there..

(although you kept close tabs LOL)

This one actually has some real merit.

This thread is awesome. So much better than Lenny and Cuso's slap fest.

RK Tek

Reaction score
Website
www.2strokeheads.com
So you ready to discuss it then???;)

Hey Kelsey !!! Where did your Brian Brown post go ??

If your man enough to post a question about Brian Brown's motor you should be man enough to leave it posted.

Kelsey said this - QUOTE - What about Brian Brown's Motor ?

Minutes later I posted his Invoice - Kelsey's Post s gone.

I called Todd Brown to let him know Kelsey is wondering about Brian's Motor.

Hopefully he weighs in on Kelsey's question.

WOW! Dan.. I think your actions say it all!!!!

Just to be clear, I have not deleted any posts not done anything you claim..But you can keep thinking it all you like.. ;) Feel free to ask the moderator,, all deleted posts are still there for them to see.. keep dreaming buddy..

I have decided to take the higher road (at least for the time being) . I prefer to not get caught up in all this drama with you and your BS.. I did get a little caught up there for a bit but I have reeled myself back in... Sorry people ..

BUT, the offer is still open.. anytime you want to discuss in a civil manner, this engine, my pistons, your warranty, the rod ratio. etc. etc. etc.. ANYTHING.. I am game and would thoroughly enjoy it... We, both know, you will never engage is such a technical discussion because it would expose you.. But that is OK..

Enjoy your cocktail Dan..

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember the day, when I had a 2000 summit 700 with a 151 track. I was enquiring about getting Kelsey's heads.
being somewhat new with aftermarket motor products, I asked him about his head that was for sale in the used aftermarket segment, the route to go with this head was that all heads that he made were dependant on the deck height and that all motors were different..I had to buy from him brand new.and in such a way that there was no carb jet settings available, or No info or support.. Thank you.

Being naive and in search of performance, I tore off my head to get him my specs. Apparently in hindsight, it wasn't such a defined spec as he described ( in the snowest days almost all of the sledding community taught me those values). I also asked him about having some twin pipes on one of his head kits, and he utterly refused to divulge any info;

He told me that his products run on stock exhaust and that's it.

Point taken.

I Won't even get into the horsepower numbers debates I have seen and witnessed.

Kelsey., i wouldn't even have you recommend spark plugs for me.

That is my personal experience.

Indy Dan what's your thoughts in after market cans on motors and big bores? Rk and a few others say even with a big bore your better off with the stock can, you agree with this? I can see with a stock motor yah but with a big bore I just can't see it being better. But that's just my opinion

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember the day, when I had a 2000 summit 700 with a 151 track. I was enquiring about getting Kelsey's heads.
being somewhat new with aftermarket motor products, I asked him about his head that was for sale in the used aftermarket segment, the route to go with this head was that all heads that he made were dependant on the deck height and that all motors were different..I had to buy from him brand new.and in such a way that there was no carb jet settings available, or No info or support.. Thank you.

Being naive and in search of performance, I tore off my head to get him my specs. Apparently in hindsight, it wasn't such a defined spec as he described ( in the snowest days almost all of the sledding community taught me those values). I also asked him about having some twin pipes on one of his head kits, and he utterly refused to divulge any info;

He told me that his products run on stock exhaust and that's it.

Point taken.

I Won't even get into the horsepower numbers debates I have seen and witnessed.

Kelsey., i wouldn't even have you recommend spark plugs for me.

That is my personal experience.

complete opposite for me and plenty others I know personally. I have always had full tech support and every question I have ever asked was 100% answered and no guessing involved. I have talked to Kelsey at all hours about playing with clutching, gearing and fuel settings and he is always more than eager to discuss what works best. I have been installing his engine components in my own sleds for three seasons now and have installed these same parts in plenty of others as well. 0, AND I MEAN 0 Issues. Kelsey is not going to meet you on the hill and tie your boots for you. you have to have some mechanical knowledge and tuning ability to complete the process. he will supply you with excellent product and if you listen he will give you the tools to make it work safely. it's up to you to get the most out of it. there are a few members on here that have seen my stuff work with kelsey's stuff. trashy, snopro, chemmod, trollcat, mattmedic, jeepchic. just to name a few. I would say that your bad experience was pretty much self inflicted. sorry cuso but maybe leave it stock!

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for YOUR opinion.

Apparently it has gotten better, on your side, and your experiences, on a reliable aspect, and that has not been questioned. I can't speak from my riding partners' experiences, as the forum rules stop me to appoint this. Most have been negative, especially from a HP perspective, not so much reliability.

Some from reputable engine builders. which do not wish to stick their necks out (I can understand) and I will not name them.

dyno numbers tell all...

It's been going on for a decade now.

complete opposite for me and plenty others I know personally. I have always had full tech support and every question I have ever asked was 100% answered and no guessing involved. I have talked to Kelsey at all hours about playing with clutching, gearing and fuel settings and he is always more than eager to discuss what works best. I have been installing his engine components in my own sleds for three seasons now and have installed these same parts in plenty of others as well. 0, AND I MEAN 0 Issues. Kelsey is not going to meet you on the hill and tie your boots for you. you have to have some mechanical knowledge and tuning ability to complete the process. he will supply you with excellent product and if you listen he will give you the tools to make it work safely. it's up to you to get the most out of it. there are a few members on here that have seen my stuff work with kelsey's stuff. trashy, snopro, chemmod, trollcat, mattmedic, jeepchic. just to name a few. I would say that your bad experience was pretty much self inflicted. sorry cuso but maybe leave it stock!

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After reading this I'm assuming NEVER SUMMER has got his warranty engine eh Kelsey?

rmscustom

Reaction score
You two are hilarious... Actually it's pretty clever marketing... Have a pissing match on a bunch of different forums that draw people in for the entertainment. Not only do your products get a lot of attention everybody learns that they "need" to do something or otherwise they wont make it back to the truck the next ride so they take sides and purchase one of your products... You two are probably buds offline. lol

IndyDan

Reaction score
Indy Dan what's your thoughts in after market cans on motors and big bores? Rk and a few others say even with a big bore your better off with the stock can, you agree with this? I can see with a stock motor yah but with a big bore I just can't see it being better. But that's just my opinion

Neil, I sure like the stock can. Our shop Long Rod 800 Pro runs 120mph+ in 660 feet on asphalt with pump gas compression and a little Laughing gas stock pipe stock canister

Last edited:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Neil, I sure like the stock can. Our shop Long Rod 800 Pro runs 120mph+ in 660 feet on asphalt with pump gas compression and a little Laughing gas stock pipe stock canister

So your saying it works pretty good then lol.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have had some pretty sound advice from Kelsey, and via Rhodesie. If I decide to put a top end in my 2010 Iguana, I'll be going with RK Tek

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't doubt that Indy Dans engines are top notch, he has been doing this stuff for years and seems to have a good reputation. I went with the RKT product strictly on the cost and have been more than happy with both the results and the support I got any time I called for info. My motor runs much smoother and definantly has more snap with his kit (pistons and head).

IndyDan

Reaction score
I don't doubt that Indy Dans engines are top notch, he has been doing this stuff for years and seems to have a good reputation. I went with the RKT product strictly on the cost and have been more than happy with both the results and the support I got any time I called for info. My motor runs much smoother and definantly has more snap with his kit (pistons and head).

Nice post and good to her you are happy !!

Plenty of work out there for everyone and the goal is to make people happy !! without bashing people product.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had no dealings with either RKTek, or IndyDan, but lets put it this way, there are 2 ways to sell a product, those that go out and actively promote a product, and those that sell a great product and have such great service that their customers sell their product for them... but I'll let everyone judge for themselves...

rmscustom

Reaction score
I have had no dealings with either RKTek, or IndyDan, but lets put it this way, there are 2 ways to sell a product, those that go out and actively promote a product, and those that sell a great product and have such great service that their customers sell their product for them... but I'll let everyone judge for themselves...

I gave both of them money last year and while I was satisfied with both their products/services both come across pretty childish and arrogant on the forums. IMO

Top Bottom