Jetting

jwood99

Reaction score
Wondering what would be recommended for jetting, ive put in a y-pipe, pipe, billet head and jc custom vent kit on my 09 summit 800.

Thanks

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wondering what would be recommended for jetting, ive put in a y-pipe, pipe, billet head and jc custom vent kit on my 09 summit 800.

Thanks

Who's head did you put in? What compression? Usually any repuatable mod company has recommendations for any req'd jetting changes.

The y-pipe and pipe alone shouldn't require any jetting changes, atleast most off the shelf companies like Dynoport and such don't require it. The vent kit has little to no effect.

The rest lies in the head, compression, fuel you run and what altitudes you ride at.

jwood99

Reaction score
terra alps head, with 12.5 domes

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That compression is pretty much stock. I wouldn't change anything. DPM will easily adjust for that tiny compression increase.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well not exactly, the DPM won't know that you have done anything to the motor.

The DPM is able to lean out the fuel system, but not richen it. It works by adjusting the float bowl pressure to change how much fuel is delivered by a vaccum.

The jetting is set to be the safest for all possible conditions, then as temperature changes, engine timing, knock sensors and everything else controled by the ECM allow the DPM to vary the pressure.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stock jetting should be fine. I don't believe Terra Alps runs a super tight squish band like an RKT, so jetting down is not required. You'll still get the benefit of a hemispherical combustion chamber vs. the stock bathtub design.

Top Bottom