jetting a 2001 summit 800

bryan_117

Reaction score
just picked up a 2001 summit 800 as a back up sled. was wondering what kinda jetting i need to run at 6000+ feet? currently running it at 2000 feet. what do i need to change to make it run at 6000, previous owner said it ran like crap at elevation.

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Id take it in and get the DPM checked out and make sure its working properly before messing with jetting. Jets might not be the issue

bryan_117

Reaction score
i was kinda leaning towards a dpm leak as its a brand new crate engine and i'm sure they woulda checked the jetting on it. is there any way to test it at home? i really dont feel like sinking a ton of cash into it as a back up sled

bryan_117

Reaction score
forgot to mention that i'm not a skidoo guy, never worked on one, never intended on having one, it just kinda fell into my lap.

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a 2001 Doo never touch the jets or DPM in 7500 k.m i been as high as 10000 feet and as low as 2500 feet no problems

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My '01 800 had a similar problem, would run great 90% of the time then it would seem like someone shut off the key between just off idle and just under WOT. It started doing it more frequently one day so when it died I hit the choke and wham it started running again. I unplugged the bowl vents from the DPM manifold and it ran throughout the throttle range, was jetting max rich but it did run. Switched out the DPM manifold with another and problem solved, so I switched just the solenoid and put the original manifold back on and it ran like a top until I bought a new sled. Now it's just been collecting dust in my shop ever since. :D Not worth any money to sell and it's still mint so keeping it for a back up sled unless someone has an interesting trade :)

Top Bottom