jet boats, looking to buy one,

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which one is yours?

None of those are mine. And yes Burning desire is for sale, pretty pricey race boat, but if your serious about the Unlimited class you could do well with it. Should be 5+ Turbines this year at the Worlds.

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"Maybe you should do some homework....Outlaw is a shallow water/family boat company....EAGLE is the Race and Sport division."

Its Outlaw Eagle its the same company you dip. the same guys designing and build the race boats and the "family" over priced boats. There market is guys that have too much money and want to look good.
you put the 3 boats from outlaw, harbour craft, and Firefish side by side with the price tags. see which one is better? they are about the same. just a three tier price range for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Outlaw is a raceboat company if you need to own a raceboat to go playin and fishin have atter!! Its like a turbo on a sled you cant ride if you have the cash the economy thanks you!!

I'm aware what comes out of OUTLAWEAGLE.....that's why I broke it down for you to correct the above statement...You keep running your Nissan, AND I'll enjoy the Cadillac of the river. Check the sales numbers clown, 150 customers a year cant be wrong. And its actually called Burnt Lake Motorsports if your grasping that much...Dip...HAR(lol)Thats grand!

Last edited by a moderator:

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh and the '3 tier price range' reason your looking for is quality and service....Check the options, Bottom's, INT and service dept and you'll see why you saved money Captian Dip!

mtnluvr

Reaction score
As I said I had an E6 before my Piranha and if you don't mind sticking to bigger water they are a great boat. The reason I switched to the firefish is because my group I boat with went to smaller craft(1 extreme, 1 Lynx, 1 outback) and it looked like alot of fun running the back channels, sliding gravel bars and jumping beaver dams. I chose this boat because it is top notch quality, (as you stated it is built by a former outlaw fabricator) looks great, is tough as nails and performs as well as any shallow water boat out there. The price was an added bonus, price point was not the first issue in my shopping at all. I was getting a little bored with what I had and this boat made it alot of fun for me again. All boaters know there is no boat perfect for all applications, but if it is perfect for your application you can't go wrong. Tell us more about the cadillac.

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As I said I had an E6 before my Piranha and if you don't mind sticking to bigger water they are a great boat. The reason I switched to the firefish is because my group I boat with went to smaller craft(1 extreme, 1 Lynx, 1 outback) and it looked like alot of fun running the back channels, sliding gravel bars and jumping beaver dams. I chose this boat because it is top notch quality, (as you stated it is built by a former outlaw fabricator) looks great, is tough as nails and performs as well as any shallow water boat out there. The price was an added bonus, price point was not the first issue in my shopping at all. I was getting a little bored with what I had and this boat made it alot of fun for me again. All boaters know there is no boat perfect for all applications, but if it is perfect for your application you can't go wrong. Tell us more about the cadillac.

do you see much difference in the boats as far fit and finish? and Or Quality?

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Just so you know, when I say Cadillac it's JMO...

meta·phor (met′ə fôr′)

noun

a figure of speech containing an implied comparison, in which a word or phrase ordinarily and primarily used of one thing is applied to another (Ex.: the curtain of night, “all the world's a stage”)

My boat was great for me when I bought it, but I'm now going to try and get into a differnt style of boating. Maybe even 2. I've always been a firm believer that you really need 3 Jetboats to be complete! My 21' Sport is big enough to camp with 3 people and 2 dogs and all the gear you need for a long ass trip. I like the speed and handling. but like you said the shallow water channels sure call a guy when he passes them.(I've pushed this tub off many a rock/sand bars) My next boat will probably be something like the blk one in the bottom pic.A 19' LYNX with about 450HP and a Hamilton 212(55mph) w/8deg Teflon bottom. Does shallow water(ish) and is great for the family.

With that being said though I will miss doing 70+ MPH and would also like to get a Pleasure tunnel for hot sunny days. A FIREFISH once crossed my mind for a Extreme shallow boat, but I could not handle the scream of a SJ (or leaving a boat brand that has been in my family for acouple decades). My opinion it would be a 17' Delta/teflon 12deg bottom Sport with a V8 and low windshield....couple extra hundred pounds than the SJ, but the sound alone would get you further up that rockbar!:eek: They're all good though....I've got buddy's with Explorers,Kenferms and a Marathon or 2.

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BTW for a great time killer check out those turbine boats on you tube. They are scary fast!!!

Yeah one just saw 140MPH a couple of months ago....There is two more boats being build with Turbines from locomotives(200ish more HP) Trust me, if you like HP and Jetboating, your not gunna wanna miss the 2011 WORLDS!

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do you see much difference in the boats as far fit and finish? and Or Quality?

I'm sure they all look good and it ALL works....I was making a point that in MY opinion they over all finish from OE is second to none. Wanna talk about Arctic Cat vs Polaris?:rant:

mtnluvr

Reaction score
I know the sport jet is annoying but i wanted something i could push with 2 guys. As far as the 2011 worlds go I have a spot that is perfect at wapiti gardens right on the river to watch but as my luck goes i got dumb and booked summer vacation at the same time. Tragedy.... those turbines front row center, and I will be 500 miles away. :mad:

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup my old man has a 200 sport jet in his harbourcraft sounds like a bunch of mice hopped up on redbull nothings sounds as good as my zz4 in my new eagle jetboat another 150 days till i get it out again :d

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm no mechanic, but I'm sure I could limp a SBC home before I could figure out how to get that smoker running. Just the simplicity in a SBC would make up for the wieght savings in my books....get another friend or start hiting the gym......;). There is not a bad jetboat in the water in my books...as long as you're out there!!!

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a nice THUNDER JET for sale in Devon. 2 years old like mint, 40,000, Beautiful boat.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well here is a sick boat just love this one running a big 572 big block :d:d:d

Attachments

• sharkhatch_208_132.jpg
    sharkhatch_208_132.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 357
  • dscf1598_172_184.jpg
    dscf1598_172_184.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 354
  • 2_202.jpg
    2_202.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 359

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
some pics of the inside same color i want :)

Attachments

• dscf0155r_563.jpg
    dscf0155r_563.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 343
  • dscf0156r_493.jpg
    dscf0156r_493.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 362
  • dscf0162r_159.jpg
    dscf0162r_159.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 343
Top Bottom