jet boats, looking to buy one,

mtnluvr

Reaction score
Outlaw is the best? Thats news to me, I love my Firefish it performs as good as any shallow water boat and was ALOT cheaper than outlaw, especially when I started factoring in options. I got my own custom boat and saved at least 10K over what an outlaw would have been. Not to bash but to say the mass produced Outlaws are the best is a little short sighted imo.

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In my opinion they are...and I've seen and been in ALOT of river boats. They are like the Cadillac of the industry IMO and have been around for along time. Firefish makes great boats to, but more like a high end Nissan in comparison.(again IMO) And because they sell alot of boats you call them mass produced? I'm thinking they're really good at what they do and will make you the best custom boat in the water.... bar none....you get what you pay for!

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well said chad thats what i think too my 2010 eagle boat is friggin AWESOME
:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

mtnluvr

Reaction score
I agree that Eagle does make a beautiful boat. I owned an E6 for four years before i bought my Firefish and it was no doubt a great boat for the larger water application. However when it comes to outlaws Tuchodi, Muskwa, Lynx etc, they do leave something to be desired when it comes to curb appeal. I agree they do work well but for my $$$ i want something thats easy on the eyes too. When I said mass produced what I meant was that they are built to be sent to dealers for inventory while some other manufacturers build one off customs.ie. Firefish, Bratt, Jet Craft. As I said I'm not bashing anyones boat, just sharing the fact that I had a great build from Firefish, got a boat with the best of everything I wanted from tops to heaters to trailer for under 55k. I looked very extensively and found noone who could touch their deal. Definitely worth checking into for anyone looking to get into this great sport.

Attachments

• Denny Boat.jpg
    Denny Boat.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 341

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cant wait to see the supercharged eco-tec boat that firefish just built, should be a nice little package 250 horse 2.2 litre 4 banger should run with the small block v8s.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Ok so After looking from the banks sitting in my RZR for the last few summers. Watching people have a pile of fun going up n down while all I can do is watch . I am thinking it is time to get a jet boat to enjoy the river (s) . I would like some input from those who have em .
Like which ones to stay away from ?
which ones are better , reliable , going to take the sand bars and gravel bars that are going to get met i am sure .
Power , ? which brands work the best ?
The jet drive ?
the deg of the bottom ? Which is the best for the all around , rivers, lakes , and just messing around ?
And which dealers to stay away from and buy from ?

Thanks ahead of time

How much you want to spend??

Does a 24ft. Outlaw, Hamilton Jet, 350 chev, aluminum tower with search lights, 11000lb winch, water sock, 1/4 graderblade steel on the hull sound interesting? Boat was 65K new in 2004 I believe.

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much you want to spend??

Does a 24ft. Outlaw, Hamilton Jet, 350 chev, aluminum tower with search lights, 11000lb winch, water sock, 1/4 graderblade steel on the hull sound interesting? Boat was 65K new in 2004 I believe.

graderblade on the hull? that part sounds interesting!!??

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
graderblade on the hull? that part sounds interesting!!??

Ya we run the Brazeau river also known as the boat wrecker!! There are a few times when your not actually in the water. Had this welded on to protect the hull. Has never had a problem!! Definite fun driving though. :beer::d:beer:

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya we run the Brazeau river also known as the boat wrecker!! There are a few times when your not actually in the water. Had this welded on to protect the hull. Has never had a problem!! Definite fun driving though. :beer::d:beer:
I dont understand....... where would you weld it to? why not Qt100 if you need extra strength than teflon? grader blade is cheap junk metal it dosnt make sense..... enlighten me!

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I dont understand....... where would you weld it to? why not Qt100 if you need extra strength than teflon? grader blade is cheap junk metal it dosnt make sense..... enlighten me!

Cousin owns a welding shop in Nisku, it was cheap (free) and works like a hot damn. Not exactly sure what or how he got it it on. Telfon scratches like chit on rough rocks or river embankments. Then creates a lot of drag. Steel is tougher and replaceable. Although you look at this stuff and it still looks perfect after all this time.

mtnluvr

Reaction score
My Eagle had QT100 and I took some good hits and it held up well. I am looking forward to that ecotec as well, so far the sport jet pump is not my favorite part of my new boat but when I built it there wasn't much info on the ecotec or I may have gone that way. Should be a cool set up.

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HAR...so you saved 10G's and got a sportjet? OUTLAW will put what ever motor you want in a boat and every option you desire! You have to pay to play son! They have 8+ hull designs and make custom boats as the customer desire's....from Police boats,OIL clean up boats to a Racing hull they do it all....As far as I know they have one outlet which is Northgate Honda in GP and they supply hulls to Gator boats in the US...dont sound like much of a mass inventory to me...did you know that Steve from Firefish came from Outlaw....and Kevin from Bratt also cut his teeth there?

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HAR...so you saved 10G's and got a sportjet? OUTLAW will put what ever motor you want in a boat and every option you desire! You have to pay to play son! They have 8+ hull designs and make custom boats as the customer desire's....from Police boats,OIL clean up boats to a Racing hull they do it all....As far as I know they have one outlet which is Northgate Honda in GP and they supply hulls to Gator boats in the US...dont sound like much of a mass inventory to me...did you know that Steve from Firefish came from Outlaw....and Kevin from Bratt also cut his teeth there?

Sounds like Steve and Kevin figured out how to make a better more affordable boat SON. Look at you on your high horse trying to justify spending more money!!

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like Steve and Kevin figured out how to make a better more affordable boat SON. Look at you on your high horse trying to justify spending more money!!

Once again, you get what you pay for. Put the similar models side by side and you can clearly see the attention to detail. I'd pay $70 G's for a Lynx before I bought any other shallow water boat in the industrie...why? Because they are more versatile, better quality and the service at OE is great.

mtnluvr

Reaction score
HAR??? SON??? Sport jet cheaper than other motors??? Ok now I see whos on the other end of this discussion! HAR! You obviously know way too much about this subject for me to keep this up. hahahahaha! Just because you can pay more to play doesn't mean you should. If you can really say that you would like to pay 20k more for that square nosed lynx than my piranha then I guess Outlaws future looks bright.

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HAR??? SON??? Sport jet cheaper than other motors??? Ok now I see whos on the other end of this discussion! HAR! You obviously know way too much about this subject for me to keep this up. hahahahaha! Just because you can pay more to play doesn't mean you should. If you can really say that you would like to pay 20k more for that square nosed lynx than my piranha then I guess Outlaws future looks bright.
i think hes still bent over and grabing his ankles??!! WORD SON! Outlaw is a raceboat company if you need to own a raceboat to go playin and fishin have atter!! Its like a turbo on a sled you cant ride if you have the cash the economy thanks you!!

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay I know it's not somthing the average guy buys but took a ride on this 1200 HP jet boat on the Niagra River just down stream of the falls....

It was an abosolute blast....We were laughing so hard I thought I'd drown drinking all that water....

Thought at the time that if this is what it's like cruising the rivers in a jet boat....well weve talked about looking at them...

Attachments

• IMGP3956BC.jpg
    IMGP3956BC.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 321
  • IMGP3956DC.jpg
    IMGP3956DC.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 311

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should do some homework before you start yapping....Outlaw is a shallow water/family boat company....EAGLE is the Race and Sport division. I would imagine the flat nose on that Lynx is due to the installation of the fairlead.:rolleyes: First time I saw one like that. Here's a few reasons why I think they are the premium boat builder....again, just my opinion.

finishedbow.jpg

good___evil_007_165.jpg

nov09_055_109.jpg

unsorted_027_147.jpg

s1020674_157.jpg

To each they're own. They are all made for fun, I just believe the attention to detail is second to none.You must be new to the internet Mtnluver...

HAR=lol
'Pay to play son' is a common phrase I've heard for years
And I have no idea what your refering to about the sport jet $.Not sure how much they cost, all I know is they are fawkin annoying. Happy boating!

A few more examples....

unsorted_057_213.jpg

april1609_009_858.jpg

dscf2508r_151.jpg

unsorted_057_213.jpg

Top Bottom