January snow conditions

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Any updates? Heading out tonight.

Weather is mild, mix of sun and clouds, no new snow at this time. My guys have had fun anyways cause the conditions are good for exploring. Avalanche risk should still be considered as high. Still lots of good places to play. Trail is decent considering the mild weather.

Catman13

Reaction score
Let's be honest. The snow is crap. It's heat slumped with 2 inches of powder. Carving is ridiculous and most places have been accessed and played out. Even if you spend the time to travel up the trail and get yourself back into spirit lake the snow conditions are really disappointing. Wait for some new powder and things will get back to normal. For now. Don't waist your time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ridgie

Reaction score
just spent a week there....snow sucks........

when someone with a business there says snow is good, maybe its a conflict of interest........just saying.

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
just spent a week there....snow sucks........

when someone with a business there says snow is good, maybe its a conflict of interest........just saying.
No conflict of interest here. I said there was no new snow - that was the truth. In a previous post I said it was windblown - truth as well. My guests had a really good time exploring Renshaw Friday and Saturday and went home happy - truth. Sorry you didnt enjoy yourself.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lmao. A little defensive. Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You were warned about the conditions before you left, I even knew what it was like before I got there, and we got there the same weekend. It can't be helped, Conditions are extremely poor everywhere.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Of course I am being defensive. I have alot of people phoning me for condition updates because they know that I will tell them the truth, good or bad.

hey Judy don't take those guys comments to heart. Thee is no pleasing some people. The way I look at it is a bad day of sledding is still better than a good day at work, and if life throws you a lemon, Break out the tequila. Keep up the good work.

ridgie

Reaction score
Caper. Yes in my 20 years of riding this was the worst I have seen at this time of year. However most of the riding was in Montana and Idaho I wasn't complaining. Just stating facts.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Caper. Yes in my 20 years of riding this was the worst I have seen at this time of year. However most of the riding was in Montana and Idaho I wasn't complaining. Just stating facts.

Stating facts?
So am I, your barking up the wrong tree.

ridgie

Reaction score
Funny. I rode with local people. They said the same thing. Who's tree you pissing on??? Or maybe fire hydrant.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny. I rode with local people. They said the same thing. Who's tree you pissing on??? Or maybe fire hydrant.

Sorry bud but you are gonna get slaughtered on this one as everyone that knows Judy knows the efforts that both her and Barry put in to make McBride the best place to sled. Their reports are not misleading and neither are their intentions. They only call them as they see the conditions. Do a little more research for youself so sledding is not such a bad experience for you.
If you can't make YOUR situation better just sell your sled or go back to Montana.
We'll try to miss your positive comments. :nono::kickass:

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey Judy don't take those guys comments to heart. Thee is no pleasing some people. The way I look at it is a bad day of sledding is still better than a good day at work, and if life throws you a lemon, Break out the tequila. Keep up the good work.

I agree if he has access to this site he knows the conditions are crappy. I know they are crappy everywhere I heard it first hand from A guy that rode last weeknd.
But im still going this weekend and I'm not going to come back and blame someone on here if there isnt fresh pow. Just sayin.

[Freerider]-

Reaction score
Just finished up a day of riding Renshaw on Saturday, Bell on Sunday. Most places I had trouble keeping the sled cool unless you were on the throttle digging through the hard layer to spray snow. Mid afternoon the snow softened up from the sun a bit so there were a few places to play. My group still had fun even though there was only 2" of Fresh on top. Bell had a little better conditions, and by better I mean an extra inch, and the snowpack underneath being a tad bit softer. Hoping for some new snow in the next three weeks!

LinkTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol. Well if your an sort of a rider and if you travelled the distant you did. You may have followed the weather forecast for the weeks leading to your trip. Doesn't take much to put 2 and 2 together. No snow in the forecast for 2 weeks straight. What did ya think someone was gonna save you a mountain of fresh powder because your coming from down south. Conditions are terrible everywhere everyone knows that. Well I guess everyone but ridgie

Top Bottom