January Conditions

fersch

Reaction score
I cant wait till we head up there .Stayin at the north country in.headin up the 24th and 25th .Wicked pictures you guys.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You'll have to stop by Spindrift powersports(located just in behind IGA).. We always enjoy meeting and chatting with S&Mers.. The weather is looking like it's going to be clear and sunny this weekend..

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Glen we'll be up on the 24th weekend you up for a ride. It will be Dave, Mike and I probably if not Dave and I for sure. :d

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know that Avy danger is high right now, but how has the renshaw been for slides? Our group is coming in friday i'm wondering how the drop behind the cabin is? Are people going over the saddel or the granny trail (not sure what people call it but it kinda zig-zags over and down)?

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey higgins you guys gonna be in mcbride this weekend, slamnek and i are leaving on friday.

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, in McBride right now. Staying at Hotrods, but i'm not riding. My sledlift collapsed and pinched the 3 middle fingers on my right hand. Six stiches and badly bruised. I'm the groomer bitch this weekend! Have Fun! Higgins.

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard from a guy who heard from a guy that there is 3 feet of new snow over the last 2 nights. I check weather.ca all the time and haven't seen anything in town. Is snow that spotty or is the supposed 3 feet actually from last week?

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
I heard from a guy who heard from a guy that there is 3 feet of new snow over the last 2 nights. I check weather.ca all the time and haven't seen anything in town. Is snow that spotty or is the supposed 3 feet actually from last week?

I don't think there is that much new snow up top. It has been around zero to +2 all week and even rained a bit on Wednesday. If anything, we may have lost a bit of snow with the mild weather. Still should be great riding, and the avalanche risk has gotten a bit lower. The boys are riding Renshaw Friday and will post a first hand report tomorrow night.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going up the renshaw this am with Dave and Jon(Bigdog67). Can't find my camera so will have to rely on Jon to pic take.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What a great day of riding. Sunshine all day and good snow. Stayed in the Blackwater and anthills and played safe. Many avy's have come down but still more to come, so play in the safe areas, there is a lot of them out there as we burned a full tank today. Took a look over Wineberger's but will wait for tomorrow to go down, not a track in the bowel.
On a sad note, our S&R team had to attend to an avy in Clemina today and it is not good news. 1 made it and 1 did not, I am so sorry that this happened so close to home and that we lost another sledder.
PLEASE PLAY IN A SAFE AREA, there are many to be had. I don't know what else to say or how many times to say it.

devil

Reaction score
riding again tommorow so hopefully more gooders, missed out on a few that would have been sweet photo's today but you can't get them all.
IMG_6377.jpg

IMG_6415.jpg

IMG_6503.jpg

IMG_6437.jpg

IMG_6464.jpg

IMG_6445.jpg

rode lucille thur. and renshaw fri. the powder of last week has settled quite a bit with the warm weather but it has also covered a lot of the rocks and trees that we saw just a couple weeks ago, lots of fun :d

Top Bottom