It's snowing

KrazyCanadian

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
krazycanadian.com
It's been snowing since mid dec. 12 storms in 20 days.. snowed a foot yesterday morning and almost another foot today... redresort.com has a snow report locally.. I have almost 3 and a half feet in my yard... It's snowed 6 feet at least in the last month... locally only 23% normal snow in November but 178% of normal in December... and Jan starting like a lion... Reports from the Norns near Castlegar, is there's 7 feet up top before the last 2 storms..

Happy New Year everyone... stay safe, avi danger is still high...

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's been snowing since mid dec. 12 storms in 20 days.. snowed a foot yesterday morning and almost another foot today... redresort.com has a snow report locally.. I have almost 3 and a half feet in my yard... It's snowed 6 feet at least in the last month... locally only 23% normal snow in November but 178% of normal in December... and Jan starting like a lion... Reports from the Norns near Castlegar, is there's 7 feet up top before the last 2 storms..

Happy New Year everyone... stay safe, avi danger is still high...

Hey Dan, have you been up Mackie lately? I'm out later in Jan to rip with the old man, maybe we should do a father/son ride? I know my cousin and uncle would be up for it too.

highstage

Reaction score
you should buy a skidoo lady i think i chicken stomped that cat in the back ground of your pic and had to dig the other one out acouple times last year hahaha

KrazyCanadian

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
krazycanadian.com
Locally here in the south west kootenays,,, Mackie has 4 to 5 feet, good base but still a high avalanche danger.. Norns and Rover have 5 to 7 feet, High avalanche danger... I've heard most BIG large faces have already slid...

Crazy avalanche damage has occurred, but there is still a large danger lurking on sloped that haven't moved... right here in my yard in Rossland , approx. 1200 meters... 29 inches on my measuring stick, we had 40 inches last tuesday before the rain...

KrazyCanadian

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
krazycanadian.com
Bad year, BUT, we are finally getting nailed,,, snow pack dopped to 4 feet up in the Mackie area and the Norns hit 6 to 7 feet,,, then we had 2 weeks of March storms and now we have 6 feet of deep power snow in Machie and 10 feet of bottomless powder up in the Norns and Empire areas... pictures to come

cheers for now

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the updates can’t wait for the pic’s Dan!
Looking forward to riding the Norns in a few weeks and it’s about time we got into this riding season :p

KrazyCanadian

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
krazycanadian.com
Whitewater ski area, here in the Kootenays has received over 6 feet of fresh deep powder this month,,,, the Norns, Russel Lake and the Empire are as good as ever right now... I caused a fairly large avi, tuesday evening near Rossland in the Rossland range... 2 to 3 feet deep down to ground on the Crow Bowl... lucky it's moved a few times already this year and it wasn't too deep of a break..

Top Bottom