It's possible

MXOldtimer

Reaction score
This is sort of a combination post of "my solution to the trailer issue", "show yor rig", and "now I've seen everything". To put your mind at ease, I have a 3 place enclosed, 2 place open tilt deck, 2000 Chev with a deck and this:

Eat your heart out Tyler G.

Attachments

• P2060004.jpg
    P2060004.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 59

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wowzers is right. put a flag on that thing!

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i made a box extender for my 1 ton dodge dually so i now can haul my grizzly and the wifes 650 outlander end to end in the box..it comes apart into 6 pcs and only takes up about 8"s of space in the front of the box when not in use..works great..if you want to ride someplace else other than where the toy hauler is parked it only takes around 10 min to install..seems everywhere i park someone is crawling under my truck to see how it works..:beer:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thts awesome, must be one of those farmers with nothing to do over the winter.lol maybe put a flag on the mudflap or a slow vehicle triangle and your good to go.:d

MXOldtimer

Reaction score
Nope, not a farmer. Semi retired civil engineering manager. Off to Revy as we speak and yes the flag exists. Handles well, no issues. Actually the sled is lighter than my quad. Beats the heck out of towing the trailer through the mountains. We have a house in Revy and some sleds there so ...... away we go.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you should put a sighn on that that says " Warning sled may swing in to opposing lane when turning, like them log truck sighns you see goin down the highway..

MXOldtimer

Reaction score
Just got back from Sicamous, snow getting hard to find. You have to get well off the beaten path. Truck worked great through the mountains, no handling issues. Checked out the regs and depending on who you talk to you need clearance lights on the bed extension or on the farthest protrusion. Another opinion is the refector on the sled is good.

Next trip involves the enclosed and 2 partners.

Tough life.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from Sicamous, snow getting hard to find. You have to get well off the beaten path. Truck worked great through the mountains, no handling issues. Checked out the regs and depending on who you talk to you need clearance lights on the bed extension or on the farthest protrusion. Another opinion is the refector on the sled is good.

Next trip involves the enclosed and 2 partners.

Tough life.
not sure how the law would apply in this situation, in commercial transport you need a red flag or light for anything 1.5 meters past the center of the rearmost axle, in most cases for me that's anything hanging off the back of the trailers. don't know if the law applies to non-commercial vehicles, I think they would have to be having a pretty slow day to hassle you for it....but we are talking BC travel here.....:d

MXOldtimer

Reaction score
You are right and right. Commercial is very clear. Farm and recreational regs are fuzzy at best. Let safety and sanity rule I say. I biult the bed extension to haul the Grizzly with the dozer attached. Got to looking at it and thought "why not?' Tried it out and damned if it doesn't work well. Just an aside, the truck is new and not the original Sport Trac lite. Sorry Tyler. Rated to haul my enclosed and does a good job.

Do your snow dance, off to McB 18th to 20th.

Grimshaw? Born and raised there. Left in 51 though. Stay safe.

Last edited:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grimshaw? Born and raised there. Left in 51 though. Stay safe.
yessir...still a sleepy little town, I think we're up to 3400 for population. I was born in Peace River in '68 and lived here ever since, family is originally from Manning. Pa moved here in '65, started his trucking company in '67 and we're still moving iron....albeit at a much slower pace this winter. I'll be in Mcbride/Valemount sledding from the 12th - 16th, we'll try and leave you a little fresh snow to play in....:d

Have a great trip, and come home safely.....:beer:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Well looks like maybe I need to upgrade the Gen 1 V6 Sport trac to a Gen 2 V8?

NAH, I'll buy a half tonne.....

MXOldtimer

Reaction score
Tyler: Rides like a car, tows like a real truck, gets mileage like a hybrid. Well 2 out of three isn't bad.

Jeremy: What you see in the pictures is what you get. That is about try #3 as I'm a slow learner. Used the built in pockets in the bed to support the front, a couple of chunks of 2X4 for the supports on the tail gate. Glue and screw please. Used 2X4's for the stiffeners/loading mistake helpers with 1/2 inch ripped off them. Simple, cheap, worked. Might never need it again but was nice for the 2000 km I've used it so far.

Top Bottom