It's not a 'one time charge of $48' for licencing a quad in BC

kuma

Reaction score
In March I licenced my quad for $48 in BC. Last weejk I traded it on a new quad and registered the new quad today in Nakusp. Even though I had the licence plate from my previous quad I had to pay an additional $30 to ICBC to register the new quad. If I hadn't kept the plate it would have cost another $18. So much for the program promoted by atvbc for a 'one time fee of $48'.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
In March I licenced my quad for $48 in BC. Last weejk I traded it on a new quad and registered the new quad today in Nakusp. Even though I had the licence plate from my previous quad I had to pay an additional $30 to ICBC to register the new quad. If I hadn't kept the plate it would have cost another $18. So much for the program promoted by atvbc for a 'one time fee of $48'.

Did you check the wording? It likely says that it's a one time fee PER atv?

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
As per the ICBC website...

[h=2]Registration fee[/h] The combined number plate and registration fee will be a one-time fee of $48. You are only required to register your ORV once. The registration and number plate or sticker will be valid as long as the same person owns the vehicle.

You're required to register with ICBC when an ORV is transferred to a new owner and a $28 transfer fee will apply at the time.

lsone

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seriously dude? Its like a trailer... change hands, pay to register it. I see nothing wrong with what atvbc has set out for registering.

Top Bottom