Itp mud lights

Froglegs

Reaction score
I have a 2008 yfz 450 I was wondering if any one has the itp mud lights and how they do on a sport quad I ride a lot slick trail rides and muddy trail. Thanks

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk

KFX Drm Ripper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't put that ch!t on your quad.... It look stupid.. Get razor or razor 2 if there's mud where your riding.

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have seen that on a raptor and its still fun to ride and way better in the mud IMO if it works for u thats what u should do

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You want something thats gonna get you around in the mud but also not to agressive in case you go to the track or wanna whip a ch!t hook lol. I had them on a modded polaris trailblazer and they were perfect, not to agressive but got me around in the mud and held up good. I would also check out INTERCO SWAMPLITES, they're similair to the mudlites. . or bear claws

KFX Drm Ripper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
come on boys its not a 4X4 quad it a racing quad!!!! you want to play in the mud you made the wrong choice. don't rick your quad with those tires........ 18' or 20' no bigger then that. there not even classified as a racing quad tire so why would you even put it on there?????

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
he never said if he races or not I have a sport quad and I use it for trail riding as i dont like how heavey 4x4 are. so I dont race did i make a mistake in buying it? I looked at mudlites as well because they are good in the snow and i do some riding in the winter might even push a little snow with a light weight blade i am working on . bear claws are nice to.

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Them tires may look cool but that's it. There too soft and don't last, and they also puncture easily. Once the lug is half worn they just spin more and there's no side bite. I had a YFZ and I would go for the Razor 2 for front and Razor 1 for rear.Them Razors last forever. The YFZ has lots of power so turning the Razors is easy. The best part of the Razor is their cheap to buy and the lug pattern is nice and square so when you do go in mud them side lugs bite hard. If you need more then go with Razor 2s more money but their even better but a little heavier. Good luck.

Mikehunt

Reaction score
I have alway run 22 inch bearclaws on my sport quad they do great in the mud and trails

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
first of all i run mud lites on my grizz and they work awesome...nothing wrong with mud lites..but if i were to a mud type of tire on a racing quad i would go with bearclaws.as they are a more flat(square) tire and you can still have fun drifting corners and when you need to hook up in the mud they work great..jmo!

Rhino Rick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run mudlites on my Rhino ..... not sure about a sport quad though. i think you'll find they are too heavy.

Cameo

Reaction score
I run mudlites on my 92 Warrior, and they pull good through the mud and the snow. they rude nice on the hard packed trail as well. A buddy runs bearclaws on his, and no trouble either. just wish the chain and disc didn't hang so low. I have seen guys running paddles on the trails in Nordegg, and in the snow at Alberta Beach, and they seem to work really well, suprizingly well on snow covered packed trails.??? may want to try a pair if not too much bucks.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
first of all i run mud lites on my grizz and they work awesome...nothing wrong with mud lites..but if i were to a mud type of tire on a racing quad i would go with bearclaws.as they are a more flat(square) tire and you can still have fun drifting corners and when you need to hook up in the mud they work great..jmo!
Ya alot of people run bearclaws especially on sport quads. can't count the amount of raptors and outlaws I've seen that were running them

Froglegs

Reaction score
Well I dont race my quad any more I moved from arizona to alaska and I cant afford to get a 4buy4 just looking to get something to get me through next year

KFX Drm Ripper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heavier tires will burn your clutch out, not to mention it will kill the axle bearings. The added weight will also put more strain on your motor, something you don't need on a 450.

Froglegs

Reaction score
Well I pretty sure imma lowering the gearing

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mudlites cant be that heavy thinking about doing the same after this past weekend sport quad tires arent fun in the mud made it but it was hard to keep it going where i wanted it to.

DirtMcgirt

Reaction score
I have 22" mud lites on my big bore trx450. They work perfect on trails, and give you a fighting chance in mud or muskeg. If you're not racing and mostly trail riding 22" is the only was to go IMO because of the extra ground clearance. (pretty hard to look cool when you're getting stuck and hung up all the time... Use what works!) They also work quite good in sand, although when going to the dunes I have skat trak haulers. The price is right and they are quite durable.

Top Bottom