Issues with TPMS sensors on aftermarket wheels

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone else having problems relearning TPMS sensor positions on aftermarket wheels? I have a set of Fuel Mavericks that were on the my 15 Denali HD when I bought it. Sensors worked fine when I took them off and put on stock rims with winter tires for the winter. Now put the Fuels back on and can't get the sensors to activate when the truck is in relearn mode. I do have a relearn tool that I'm using that works great with the stock HD wheels with sensors and works great on my wife's Yukon with both sets of wheels with sensors that I have for it. But for some reason it will not work with the Fuel wheels. I had Fuel wheels on my 08 that I couldn't get to activate with the relearn tool either, but I thought it was more to do with the truck being an 08 and that you had to do it the manual way on those trucks and that it wasn't until 2012 when you needed to use the tool. Now I'm thinking it was the wheels that were the problem then as well, but at least it had the option of doing manually with the air in/out method. Anyone have any tips on how to get these things to activate, I hate having the light on the dash on and I don't really want to use a program on this truck so deleting isn't an option for me.

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You prob figured out what was wrong by now but when I put new wheels on my truck I had the old ones in the box and the truck was reading all 8 of the sensors which were messing up the computer. Maybe your old wheels are to close to your truck when your trying to relearn.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also check ur rims, most aftermarket rims there is two valve stems, and have seen sensors mounted on the inside stems and not the outside ones

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Had the same problem with the same brand of wheels. Had to bust the top bead, lay the tires next to the truck, program them getting the tool almost against the sensor, and then re-air them. Brutal setup! The new Fuel's I ordered this year have the second stem on the inside lip.

Top Bottom