Is your Sled ready, whats left?

Dzl

Reaction score
All I have left now is a new brake line ( to make room for my 3" riser) and new brake pads. Then just shine it up and rip!

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Start on my two this weekend had to clean out the garage to find them, also have to make room in the garage for the wifes Explorer nag nag nag:realmad:

Billy Boy:cool:

Snogix

Reaction score
Website
www.derrickdodge.com
Got my '04 Summit 800 all shined up and ready to go.

Also:
ported and polished head
replaced rings
installed thinner head gasket
clutching

I think I should be ready to go, hopefully it will run for me.

Attachments

• hot.jpg
    hot.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 82

Dzl

Reaction score
got my parts this morning, now the weekend has to hurry up and get here so I can get them on.

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still Waiting For My Jug To Get Back From Bc But Everything That Did This Year Is
-new Piston And Rings
-new Jackshaft Bearing
-new Rails
-new Pipe And Can
-new Skis
-nos
-digitrons
-big Wheels
-custom Paint
I Will Post A Pic When She Is All Back Togeather

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the worst fall ever!!!!

Usually by September I have all my mods and fixes good to go. Spend all summer getting things ready. Not this year.....just been too busy.

Crossfire is at the dealer for a small warrantly issue. ZR needs an updated (newer/smaller) airbox to accomodate a steering post mod I did. I have never in my life had such a hard time finding a part as I am with the airbox. Nothing, zip, nada, on any site or at any used dealer. I'd buy new but it's pricey. Don't want pods or aftermarket box (have a plan)

If anyone has suggestions on where to look, please tell!!??

Other than that just a couple little adders and they are good to go.

ski-doo

Reaction score
Picked up 2001 summit 800 chasis from powder chowder and Installed all the new goodies:
Brand new short block 800 motor
New 144"x16"x2" track (tight fit)
MBRP can
3 inch riser
05 rev secondary
dalton clutch kit in primary
shinned her up and now shes just waiting for snow

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New top end
smaller drivers
Haven't touched a bolt yet and i'm starting to get worried.

doostylz

Reaction score
Getting close on my 2000 summit. So far put on a tunnel extension, took off 136 x 1.75 and put in some rail extensions and a 144 x 2 track. Added extroverts to jackshaft since it was out already. Changed out stock skis for slp's. Polished the tunnel. Got lightweight hood fitted with light and windshield. Had a 2" riser wasnt enough so added a 3" pivot also and had to put on cable extension and new brakeline.
Whats left---- Need to add screen to hood have it just getting cut and painted. Dynoport ceramic coated pipe on order just this morning and also handlebar hooks. Getting cover resewn with more material to fit for raised bars.
Then bring on the white stuff

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put it away ready to go just in case there was a chance to get out 1 more time before calling it an end to sledding for the season. Just have to fill the tank and load up.

162 Wizzy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just re-assembled the complete skid tonight with new rail and misc. parts like new bearings, slides and an inside wheel rear axle kit on my RT. Went together so well I decided to install it. Looks great and straight!! Received all the primary mod parts from A.P.P. but ran out of time today. Also waiting for my new gear and chain from Martin. It's coming together as planned..........except for the snow part, Bring it on!!

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
The Big Horse was ready the day it was shut down...... No change this season.... Why change a good thing !

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
03 900 Cat
just gotta put on some snoweliminators, scratchers, clean/polish, grease, change chaincase oil, filler up and go....

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well... I have to change the oil (x3...$5.00), tighten the after market chain tensioners (x3), replace chains if neccessay (x3... $60.00), replace govenor spring (x1... $12.00), replace ski skags (x3... $21.00), replace drive sprocket (x1... $22.00), by new windshield (x1... $50.00), greas all zerks (x3), lube chains (x3), replace driven clutch (x1... $39.00 princess auto), new brake bands (x1...$20.00), straighten bent rear bumper (x2), 2 pair of new sledding boots (x2... $60.00), stake new spruce trees in back yard so the little sled heads don't drive over them, clean air filters (x3), wash and spit polish (x3... the boys job!)

Total = $289.00 + gst

All due to about 1000 hours of total ridding time last year! Well worth every cent!!!!

My sled?... Rebuild all Fox shocks, grease zerks, polish tunnel, replace oem belt which is overdue.:)

Attachments

• 2006_11140113.jpg
    2006_11140113.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 103

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats a great pic. I just picked up a new set of RK Tec pistons from mountain magic, hope they work good.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Today I brought my sled to Steve's (Summit) House, we installed the engine, carbs, then shoehorned in the pipes, still have a few more things to do but we should have it running tommorow. The twin pipes are sure tough to get in. Below are some pics, ill post the rest in my gallery.

Attachments

• sled 005 (Medium).jpg
    sled 005 (Medium).jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 73
  • sled 007 (Medium).jpg
    sled 007 (Medium).jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 76
  • sled 017 (Medium).jpg
    sled 017 (Medium).jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 89
  • sled 019 (Medium).jpg
    sled 019 (Medium).jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 76
  • sled 020 (Medium).jpg
    sled 020 (Medium).jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 86
  • sled 021 (Medium).jpg
    sled 021 (Medium).jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 77
  • sled 023 (Medium).jpg
    sled 023 (Medium).jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 82

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey Ron,I seen your hood today ,Ha! Ha! Looks real good man,should match up real nice with those Powderhounds.Hopefully get mine back this week and have er ready to go by the end of the week with the exeption of the hood which is out for some airbrushing!All I have left is Port the Track cleanup,polishing,the tunnel and wait patiently for my hood.
Nineteen Days To Go!
catmando!

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Ric, I got them at Motts in St.Albert. I had them ceramic coated by them before I picked them up. They are very tough to install, and not much clearences either. They look and sound slick.

Heres a slide show of the install.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I Think I'm Gonna Get A Set Of Jaws Pipes And A Boondocker Efi Control Box From Rory........ $1300.00 Total?? Gonna Look Stateside 1st Though?? SUPPOSED TO BE GOOD FOR 20HP.

Top Bottom