Is your 2011 Superduty rad leaking?

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well guys doing my normal oil change and service this morning, I looked up as I was greasing the front hubs and saw coolant on my bumper support, looked up further and saw my rad was saturated with coolant. I have notice since last fall the coolant tank was slowly going down, spoke to the service manager at Koch Ford, he says "keep an eye on it", well after a short conversation with him this morning I guess I should have investigated it a little better last fall. The truck has 74000 km on it and the warr. is over, well, TOO bad for me but, the rest of the Ford Faithfull should keep a closer eye on it and get it in and have them fix it if you see the coolant is getting low in Your coolant tank.
This truck goes to work every day and has been a treat to operate so, I have to deal with this one, long way from the heart!
See you on the trails
Don:d

Kind

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have just over 30,000km's on my 2011 CC/LB dually and it has given me no issues yet. Guess I'll keep an eye on it.

I have had it tuned and emissions deleted for 7000km's and it runs much better now. That always seems to happen lol.

riffrraffing

Reaction score
I have just over 30,000km's on my 2011 CC/LB dually and it has given me no issues yet. Guess I'll keep an eye on it.

I have had it tuned and emissions deleted for 7000km's and it runs much better now. That always seems to happen lol.

Who did your tuning?

Kind

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who did your tuning?

I currently have the H&S mini max with Flo-Pro exhaust and AFE intake which I got from Dirty Diesel. And am patiently waiting for Mike at KEM Performance and Eric at Innovative to release their tunes. The H&S is nice but there isn't a good tranny tune with it so it chokes down the gears at WOT. Mike and Eric will have that covered. Also I believe both will be able to use SCT's new iTSX which uses your iPod touch, iPhone or iPad as a display.

riffrraffing

Reaction score
I currently have the H&S mini max with Flo-Pro exhaust and AFE intake which I got from Dirty Diesel. And am patiently waiting for Mike at KEM Performance and Eric at Innovative to release their tunes. The H&S is nice but there isn't a good tranny tune with it so it chokes down the gears at WOT. Mike and Eric will have that covered. Also I believe both will be able to use SCT's new iTSX which uses your iPod touch, iPhone or iPad as a display.

I am hoping to tune mine as soon I see how other guys are making out with their tunes.

denseleit

Reaction score
As much as I love the 2011, why should that model be any different than the previous powerstrokes, all powerstrokes have had leaky rads, especially since the 6.0l era. Last month I talked to the service manager at team ford and he tell me so far the 2011's have the highest reliability percentage ever. At team they've had only less than 1% come back for warranty issues, compared to the 6.0l which was something like 60% came back.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A leaking rad should be covered under the diesel warranty if you have a good dealer. Mine was. If you are popping rads on a regular basis, you have other issues the early 6.4L had some defective rads and it has later determined that most of the problems were caused by thermostats sticking partially closed and over pressuring the cooling system.

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Things are looking up,:) the service manager is indicating that Ford and the dealer may look after a new rad. Will know in a couple of weeks.

Top Bottom