Is This a Good Package?

steven2120

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never really got anything for Christmas but i did get cash so i could go out and buy safety gear for myself when im out in the back country. So im just curious as to what everyone thinks of this package,

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I never really got anything for Christmas but i did get cash so i could go out and buy safety gear for myself when im out in the back country. So im just curious as to what everyone thinks of this package,

I have the beacon and the cheapest I found it in Canada was $425. So for an extra $225 you get a shovel (around $75), a probe (around $100), and a nice pack.....All the gear is good quality and not cheap stuff. I think that's very reasonable.

steven2120

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
northgate honda in GP was selling DTS beacon with hydrate pack, shovel and probe for $439, going to grab one tomorrow hopefully

u wanna let me know if they still have any left after you grab yours. The DTS is it the first one or the second one? Would u be able to post a pic if u do get one, would be greatly appreciated. Might have to take a drive up to GP on days off

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
u wanna let me know if they still have any left after you grab yours. The DTS is it the first one or the second one? Would u be able to post a pic if u do get one, would be greatly appreciated. Might have to take a drive up to GP on days off

I will do that for you tomorrow if they still offer the deal, otherwise it's 479, and I'll post pics for ya

Dynacorkle

Reaction score
MEC supports groups that work very hard at shutting down all forms of offroad vehicle use. We should be boycotting that store not promoting it.

Sorry had no idea, I will refrain from shopping there in the future. Thanks for the info.

steven2120

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MEC supports groups that work very hard at shutting down all forms of offroad vehicle use. We should be boycotting that store not promoting it.

Knowing that now, i too will refrain from doing any shopping at there store...

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
winsdor rv in GP has IMO the better bang for the$$ 525.80 for a full ortovox kit, ortovox 3 plus beacon, pack, probe, and saw/shovel, once I'm not hungover as bad I will be going to pick one up, they haven't advertised it yet and just put it together this morning, read alot of good about the ortovox gear figure it's worth the extra $50, and there's even a youtube walk through on usage for this beacon:beer:

steven2120

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
winsdor rv in GP has IMO the better bang for the$$ 525.80 for a full ortovox kit, ortovox 3 plus beacon, pack, probe, and saw/shovel, once I'm not hungover as bad I will be going to pick one up, they haven't advertised it yet and just put it together this morning, read alot of good about the ortovox gear figure it's worth the extra $50, and there's even a youtube walk through on usage for this beacon:beer:

Keep me posted on this deal, sounds like a good package. once im done working nights i might have to take a drive to gp...

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

Further to Orrin's comment, 4-5 years ago I was in the store and noticed the big billboard display that was set up on the way out of the store (while one was waiting in line at the cashiers you had these huge bill boards to read).

They were asking for support to close down huge areas of SW Alberta to motorized traffic and I'm pretty sure it was from Longview to Waterton National Park. The greenies would just love that development.

This was the time when MEC did not sell bear spray because it was dangerous to the bears. I went across the street to Coast Mountain Sports and haven't been back to MEC since.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pardon the crap blackberry photo sbut this is the Ortovox setup from windsor rv $499 [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y86Slwr5u98[/YT] this will show you how to operate the beacon

Attachments

• ortovox.JPG
    ortovox.JPG
    161.1 KB · Views: 91
Top Bottom