is the 14 PC 800 actually better than the the 13 ?

stusnow

Reaction score
Skid relocation/lighter seat/ larger gas tank on 800's and the secondary clutch upgrade are about the biggest differences

M1200turbo

Reaction score
a little bit lighter but skid location is the biggest me and my buddy have 2013 162 ltd he put the 2014 skid relocate brackets on and it made a big difference way less trenching than before i will be doing the same

sled obsessed

Reaction score
what about 14 to 15. Exact same? I saw the jorli ricker video review where he was talking about mapping and clutching and suspension tuning? I that all baloney?

marcel.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what about 14 to 15. Exact same? I saw the jorli ricker video review where he was talking about mapping and clutching and suspension tuning? I that all baloney?
When I bought my 14 the other day I asked the guy what the major differences were between 14 and 15 and he said its only the graphics and the 15 comes factory anti stab kit. So I bought the 14 because I saved a lot of cloin.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I bought my 14 the other day I asked the guy what the major differences were between 14 and 15 and he said its only the graphics and the 15 comes factory anti stab kit. So I bought the 14 because I saved a lot of cloin.

There's a few other things....I have some notes on my other laptop (but its getting repaired)....the couple of items you mentioned plus braces on the slide rails was one...better front bumpers (at least on the ltd), better designed drive shaft, there's more but I cannot remember....

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's a few other things....I have some notes on my other laptop (but its getting repaired)....the couple of items you mentioned plus braces on the slide rails was one...better front bumpers (at least on the ltd), better designed drive shaft, there's more but I cannot remember....

here is a good write up on the 15' M8000's.....it gets kind of muddy cuz the doo-crew felt they had to be heard also....on this site, you have to learn to tolerate it and filter out the BS.....but overall some good info
https://www.snowandmud.com/snowmobile-chat-14/2015-arctic-cat-m8000-review-90677-2.html

oh...Fox Float 3's also

Last edited:

sled obsessed

Reaction score
yeah... ricker seems to be a great guy so no trying to be a troll but he says he rode a 14 and was not impressed then jumping on the 15 and its totally awesome. hard to take the review serious when they are basically the same sled.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 14's had the skid relocated, bigger secondary and different gearing. I put the clutch and gearing in my 12 and it made a huge difference and now I'm gonna look at doing the skid relocate.

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a bigger improvement from 13 to 14 Than 14 to 15.The 15 has different shock valving,drive shaft, clutch venting,rail supports, anti stab kit, there may be more . A/C is always making little changes and dont always advertise it but a lot of small changes sometime make a big difference. I dont see the 15 being much better if at all noticable, maybe more durable and a better ride. I looked at both also and went with the 14 spend the same amount as the 15 but have lots of goddies to add on and improve performance. If you want to add the vent and rail supports its under a $100.00, anti stab 100ish, and the driveshaft is 150 ish.

Last edited:

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
13 ltd's are good with the powder coated tunnel but normal 13's compared to a 14 there is way too many differences!

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a bigger improvement from 13 to 14 Than 14 to 15.The 15 has different shock valving,drive shaft, clutch venting,rail supports, anti stab kit, there may be more . A/C is always making little changes and dont always advertise it but a lot of small changes sometime make a big difference. I dont see the 15 being much better if at all noticable, maybe more durable and a better ride. I looked at both also and went with the 14 spend the same amount as the 15 but have lots of goddies to add on and improve performance. If you want to add the vent and rail supports its under a $100.00, anti stab 100ish, and the driveshaft is 150 ish.

I found a few more changes the ecu and jack shaft are also changed a lot of little things again could make a difference

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had a 15 last yr in mcbride several times, once for the demo rides and once for a stag trip. It did seem to handle different compared to the 14 , throttle response -mapping- was changed it did run really good the test riders made positive comments.
Evry yr they tweak and tune and it gets better n better. I always gauge the rider with the sled as there are big price differences, between 13 & 15 but if you only go the mountains twice a yr the 13 is no slouch :) . IMO

Jjanke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had a 15 last yr in mcbride several times, once for the demo rides and once for a stag trip. It did seem to handle different compared to the 14 , throttle response -mapping- was changed it did run really good the test riders made positive comments.
Evry yr they tweak and tune and it gets better n better. I always gauge the rider with the sled as there are big price differences, between 13 & 15 but if you only go the mountains twice a yr the 13 is no slouch :) . IMO
Can we get a hold of the ecu update to put on a 14? i think that would make a huge difference!

Top Bottom