Is it worth the drive?

amishdonkeys

Reaction score
Plan is to come out to Fernie mid March for 4 days of riding. Is the snow conditions worth the 10hr drive from Sask? Or best to stay home and only drive couple hours to ride in waist deep powder north of me.

We usually ride rolling hills areas in Fernie. Or is there other riding areas that are good.

You guys from there would know best what the snow conditions are.

Thanks

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Plan is to come out to Fernie mid March for 4 days of riding. Is the snow conditions worth the 10hr drive from Sask? Or best to stay home and only drive couple hours to ride in waist deep powder north of me.

We usually ride rolling hills areas in Fernie. Or is there other riding areas that are good.

Thanks
Waist deep pow.... Fernie hasn't had that once this year!! Save your money!

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks

Where is this waist deep powder...might have to make a trip from Fernie :snow:

amishdonkeys

Reaction score
Where is this waist deep powder...might have to make a trip from Fernie :snow:

Make you a deal. Come out and we will take you to the POW. But next winter when we come out to Fernie you take us out.

Thanks for the replies. Plan is to stay home and make a trip up north.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make you a deal. Come out and we will take you to the POW. But next winter when we come out to Fernie you take us out.

Thanks for the replies. Plan is to stay home and make a trip up north.

Thanks for the offer. Wont be able to make it out this year, but when you show up next year give me a PM...might be able to show you around a bit:beer:

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
stay home. this season sucks. if Bopper says to stay home then do it. I'm saving a $100.00 every day that i am not out riding

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I am still riding the next 4 days but it's only because I have buddies who drove down from manitoba to ride. I will try to get a better update tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have waist deep powder at "home", why would you even consider a 10 hour drive to Fernie?
. had a bunch from down east and we managed to find some fresh but wasn't much but with the dump on the weekend might be ok for local riding but not sure I would drive 10 hours for it

Last edited:

amishdonkeys

Reaction score
If you have waist deep powder at "home", why would you even consider a 10 hour drive to Fernie?

Riding in the mountains is a bit different riding terrain vs the flatland of Sask. Don't get me wrong we have valleys/creeks to play in along with rolling hills here but nothing like you guy have out there.

Was just asking guys to confirm snow reports. Buddies just came back from Revy and they said the same we are better off to stay at home.

Top Bottom