Is it true that red plates are getting shamed in Revy/sicamous due to Covid

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will give credit to revy groomers, best I ever think I remember trails bin as this last year, very nice in vale as well..

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just so ya guys know, eagle valley sled club, appreciate red plates, green plates, blue plates, chit even USA plates

As far as some of the town folk, well there old balls, with tin foil hats on and even byotch about bridges and flowers

Small town crazy people, there in every place, you just see more of them cause there is less normal people per crazy lol

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that was rude of her for sure. On the other hand I was talking to the girls that work the booth in Fernie and was amazed how many sledders have given them a hard time and refused to pay the $25. Bitched about everything or just sledded by without paying.
dinks. it has nothing to do with the people in the booth. they are simply there to do a job. probably mostly for nothing in return. at the same time not all of us are like that either.
wife and i purchase fernie memberships every year. we hire andy weir usually twice a season. always fuel up sleds and truck before heading home. (truck with auxilary can hold up to 260 litres). don't want are azzes kissed just want to be treated fairly.
we are fortunate to be in the position we are in and to be grateful for our neibours inviting us in to enjoy a part of our great country. last year mr and mrs ferniesnow took us out for a day and we enjoyed the day and making new friends.
they don't charge but we thought it would be a nice to at least have supper on us. we are 50. we are not parking lot posers, we save the hard trigger for the back country, save the trails for everyone. gets disappointing though when you go somewhere and get treated like a dirt lump because you reside in alberta.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
dinks. it has nothing to do with the people in the booth. they are simply there to do a job. probably mostly for nothing in return. at the same time not all of us are like that either.
wife and i purchase fernie memberships every year. we hire andy weir usually twice a season. always fuel up sleds and truck before heading home. (truck with auxilary can hold up to 260 litres). don't want are azzes kissed just want to be treated fairly.
we are fortunate to be in the position we are in and to be grateful for our neibours inviting us in to enjoy a part of our great country. last year mr and mrs ferniesnow took us out for a day and we enjoyed the day and making new friends.
they don't charge but we thought it would be a nice to at least have supper on us. we are 50. we are not parking lot posers, we save the hard trigger for the back country, save the trails for everyone. gets disappointing though when you go somewhere and get treated like a dirt lump because you reside in alberta.

Thanks for the accolades Trevor. Was a great day. The two Bev's had a super day and I even took you to some of my favourite honey holes!!

Back on topic........some people are just miserable and all they do is complain and whine and try to beat the system. I don't have much use for them. I don't know how the good trail pass vendors put up with the trash.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really has nothing to do with albertans and more so to the fact that people aren't self isolating. Revi had 4 confirmed cases very early on, not in town but from international travelers. These people stayed in the same hotels, ate in the same restaurants and bought at the same stores as they people coming in for sledding. Now the sledders are possibley bringing it back home. Many of these small towns or our medical systems for that matter, simply unprepared for a mass outbreak if it where to happen.

Why risk yourself and others. Let the dust settle so life can get back to normal so that it doesn't get worse

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really has nothing to do with albertans and more so to the fact that people aren't self isolating. Revi had 4 confirmed cases very early on, not in town but from international travelers. These people stayed in the same hotels, ate in the same restaurants and bought at the same stores as they people coming in for sledding. Now the sledders are possibley bringing it back home. Many of these small towns or our medical systems for that matter, simply unprepared for a mass outbreak if it where to happen.

Why risk yourself and others. Let the dust settle so life can get back to normal so that it doesn't get worse
They were in heli ski lodges. Never made town. identities kept secret

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya heli lodges like the Regent Hotel downtown Revelstoke . Bighorn lodge at the skihill and several backcountry lodges. The guests were in contact with MANY Revelstoke residents - helicopter pilots , servers, maids, chefs and then flew back to their respective countries while spreading the virus. All the reports were positive after the fact and they were gone. My neighbours have it, two friends have it and numerous locals are now dealing with the fallout . Thankfully I don’t know of anyone YET that has died.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Backcountry international skiers are the culprits.. like the dentist convention in bc bringing it to all of Alberta.. and they said Mexican Denist don't sterilize enough.. lol

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I don't believe that to be accurate. Friends wife was working in one of the hotels. Employees were given notice that a customer who had been staying there later tested positive. Whether they got it on the way there, while there or on the way home I don't think has been figured out.

But again, why chance it?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is it true that the parking lot at boulder was full on Saturday...

Top Bottom