Is it true that red plates are getting shamed in Revy/sicamous due to Covid

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me either,

And they just don't get it, that I. D way rather someone from Berta come here than hongcoover ffs

Like I said they are the minority...I have friends here that lived here their whole life and they are awesome. And pretty much everyone else moved here from Alberta...lol

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What people are missing is that we are being asked to avoid travelling between areas regardless of the color of license plates. That is the best way to keep the spread at a minimum. It's only a matter of time before the borders are closed as they are in some parts of the East.
We get it but have been here since Dec15 so staying put a few local idiots want everyone run out of town There is quite a few here in that situation.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last trip to revy we packed our own food/gas and lodged at a buddy's house in revy that we been every other weekend since dec.. never got out of the truck from local cardlock and back to local cardlock.. seen a total of 5 people in four days, still felt guilty and never told many.. good cardio workout that weekend and been working every day since 10 plus hrs at the farm gettin **** ready.. hope I don't get it but a strong immune system is a good defense I feel.. sure would like another trip or two this spring, but reading crap like this is intimidating

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one truck with Alberta plates and on with BC plates. I have a house in BC and a smaller one in Alberta close to my business HO. I went to BC today and the traffic is definitely back to normal. I guess everyone feels they isolated long enough. I guess we need to start talking about that second wave.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I read today that the Spanish Flu in 1918 killed more peeps in the second wave than the first one? The war ended and people thought the pandemic was over and went out in droves to celebrate the wars ending. Saw it on Facebook so its probably a lie lol.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last trip to revy we packed our own food/gas and lodged at a buddy's house in revy that we been every other weekend since dec.. never got out of the truck from local cardlock and back to local cardlock.. seen a total of 5 people in four days, still felt guilty and never told many.. good cardio workout that weekend and been working every day since 10 plus hrs at the farm gettin **** ready.. hope I don't get it but a strong immune system is a good defense I feel.. sure would like another trip or two this spring, but reading crap like this is intimidating
This video explains how an over active immune system can be bad with this. Wouldn't worry about those assholes out here. There is more guys from Edmonton concerned about people riding out here than locals. Lol

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...BMAB6BAgAEAI&usg=AOvVaw0A3bMjvwC5XfoGtkVhJXOv

Last edited:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we were in revy from march 1-6. stayed at the days 5 nights. ate at local restaurants every evening. bought local fuel every day. hired guides from great canadian for two days. thought it would be nice to ride with them and ride some untracked snow.
pretty pricey but oh well support them anyway. 50 bucks a day trail fees for two sleds. on the second day we rode by ourselves in boulder without a guide. when we went to pay for our trail passes the older lady in the booth asked where we were from.
told her with a smile. her response was "oh ya, more albertans invading our territory." told her we have been coming out for a few years now. she just gave us a fuk you look and slammed the window.
revy club should be proud to have that kind of representation. never been snubbed in fernie. elkford yes.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we were in revy from march 1-6. stayed at the days 5 nights. ate at local restaurants every evening. bought local fuel every day. hired guides from great canadian for two days. thought it would be nice to ride with them and ride some untracked snow.
pretty pricey but oh well support them anyway. 50 bucks a day trail fees for two sleds. on the second day we rode by ourselves in boulder without a guide. when we went to pay for our trail passes the older lady in the booth asked where we were from.
told her with a smile. her response was "oh ya, more albertans invading our territory." told her we have been coming out for a few years now. she just gave us a fuk you look and slammed the window.
revy club should be proud to have that kind of representation. never been snubbed in fernie. elkford yes.

I would write to the club explaining what happened. I don’t think they would appreciate that much

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
only rode boulder one day this year and the gate girl was less than friendly also
hunters staff is always happy to see peeps
previous to this pandemic the schools here are 1/4 alberta plates dropping there kids off

rmk600700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah except it's a real virus and 18 good ol prairie folks caught it at a snowmobile rally a couple weeks ago in buttfawk saskatchewan. I'm not going to shame anyone but also make good choices.

all came from one server who travelled before shat hit the fan here, could have happened to any of us on a winter vacation. It wasn’t the sleding that infected people it was banquet after.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that was rude of her for sure. On the other hand I was talking to the girls that work the booth in Fernie and was amazed how many sledders have given them a hard time and refused to pay the $25. Bitched about everything or just sledded by without paying.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This winter the revy shack girl that keeps the window closed and your too scream threw it.. tried to open it once and she slammed it shut.. "I'm cold leave it shut"

Might look for a different line of work and attitudeeee

Then lady's at Valemount polite and each got a donation from me after.. little respect goes a long ways

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This winter the revy shack girl that keeps the window closed and your too scream threw it.. tried to open it once and she slammed it shut.. "I'm cold leave it shut"

Then lady's at Valemount polite and each got a donation from me after.. little respect goes a long ways

ha ha I thought it was just me... we had the pleasure to deal with that princess too I thought she was just having a bad day.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

This is how I do it...
Arrive at shack.
Turn off sled (even though it has a stock can).
Remove helmet
"Hello, how are you?"
scan card.. beep...
"Thank you!"
Install helmet
Start sled and pull away without using 100% throttle.

But during a pandemic I prefer to just stay the **** home.

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep and now you know why my boys and I stopped riding Revy. Between the unfriendly welcome at the booth to the ridiculous cost of hotels We have been more than happy to be members elsewhere.

Top Bottom