Is it summer yet ??

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Edmonton ???? Red Deer is open, Saunders is open come on man.

haha you know where I launch... 50th street or where we met up....

no windshield, no heater.... Id be out in my Helly Hansens still lol

but I'd be FLYIN' in this cool dense air!

Last edited:

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was at the RD dam this week to test its LOW... would have to be skinny water boat if you wanted to go down stream.

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great trip , saw not one other boat the whole day ! Beautiful river , not sure why it’s not run more . Put in the Kootenay at Canal Flats , went up for few hours to this waterfall in a narrow little canyon. Easy to go further but we spent t to much time playing in the many sand beach’s !

Run it lots and pretty cool formations. Can only go to Park Boundary just past Cross River

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great trip , saw not one other boat the whole day ! Beautiful river , not sure why it’s not run more . Put in the Kootenay at Canal Flats , went up for few hours to this waterfall in a narrow little canyon. Easy to go further but we spent t to much time playing in the many sand beach’s !

Tried doing that last year at canal flats. Water was high and washed the water away to get down to the river on the north side. We went and put in at Wardner then went up stream there. But water was high and dirty.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Run it lots and pretty cool formations. Can only go to Park Boundary just past Cross River

Yeah we didn’t realize there were limitations when we went, and actually am not sure we didn’t violate the restricted area. We certainly wouldn’t have knowingly done that , and realize ignorance is no defence.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried doing that last year at canal flats. Water was high and washed the water away to get down to the river on the north side. We went and put in at Wardner then went up stream there. But water was high and dirty.

We went I think middle ish of August , got lucky water was very clear and low enough there were a lot of nice beach areas .

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah we didn’t realize there were limitations when we went, and actually am not sure we didn’t violate the restricted area. We certainly wouldn’t have knowingly done that , and realize ignorance is no defence.

At the waterfalls you still a fair distance to get to the Park Boundary. Did you notice the drill stems in the river along your way?

Gonna have to hit the river here soon, been sledding a lot.

174mcx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went there in 2015, went above the falls until we came to a bridge which I believed to be just down stream of the Cross river. I didn't see the drill stems though! good excuse to go back.
IMG_2017 smaller.jpg

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At the waterfalls you still a fair distance to get to the Park Boundary. Did you notice the drill stems in the river along your way?

Gonna have to hit the river here soon, been sledding a lot.

Didn’t see them , did see the remnants of the old bridge .

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chris canal flats this year!

Neil, a trip you guys should make is from hiway 40 kakwa bridge up to the lower falls. Awesome run ,about 80 miles one way , lots of everything from tuff little uphills to quick downs in some pretty tricky chutes to easy cruising over big wide pea gravel bars. We’ve gone when water was 1.2 with little boats and twice with bigger boats once at 1.6 and once at 1.9 . You guys would enjoy the 1 to 1.4 water I would think. It’s a beautiful area up there but remote as hell.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Neil, a trip you guys should make is from hiway 40 kakwa bridge up to the lower falls. Awesome run ,about 80 miles one way , lots of everything from tuff little uphills to quick downs in some pretty tricky chutes to easy cruising over big wide pea gravel bars. We’ve gone when water was 1.2 with little boats and twice with bigger boats once at 1.6 and once at 1.9 . You guys would enjoy the 1 to 1.4 water I would think. It’s a beautiful area up there but remote as hell.

Might have to do that!

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boats coming along pretty good. Should be ready well before the mountain water Gets here in July. I’ll be finishing the paint this weekend. Next week I’ll install the floor panels, gauges, stereo, wires and the steering components. The week after I’ll try and fasten the two sheets of Uhmw. Engine builder says my 557 should be built and broke in mid April.
b3cdd81b5ca4ce426981209853317493.jpg

Top Bottom