Is it just our Ford dealer that sucks?

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for decent 6.0 PS mech.

Anyone know of a really good 6.0l mech around Edmonton. I've got two issues

an issue where if it sits a day you have to crank it for 10-15 seconds to start it. If it only sits for an hour or two it starts right away. This is in summer. Its no different in winter. Dealer said little oil pressure seal gone on the back of the injector pump, leaks engine oil out, have to crank it till it's back up to fire the injectors, $2500 to replace that seal please.

Next problem, I got blue some that come out after I take off from an intersection. I'm told this is a bad sign for head gaskets or something. The heads were just done in this about 100K ago.

This is an 06 with 250,000k on it.

I don't like dealers, they can always fix it but sometimes they just bolt parts on it till they find the problem then charge for the lot. Plus they over charge as well.

I like the mom-and pop shops that survive on a loyal customer base because they really know what they are doing and do it well.

Thanks.

MrMorgan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Looking for decent 6.0 PS mech.

an issue where if it sits a day you have to crank it for 10-15 seconds to start it. If it only sits for an hour or two it starts right away. This is in summer. Its no different in winter. Dealer said little oil pressure seal gone on the back of the injector pump, leaks engine oil out, have to crank it till it's back up to fire the injectors, $2500 to replace that seal please.

Next problem, I got blue some that come out after I take off from an intersection. I'm told this is a bad sign for head gaskets or something. The heads were just done in this about 100K ago.

I don't like dealers, they can always fix it but sometimes they just bolt parts on it till they find the problem then charge for the lot. Plus they over charge as well.

I like the mom-and pop shops that survive on a loyal customer base because they really know what they are doing and do it well.

Thanks.

The only guy I know in the Edmonton area works at a dealer, Waterloo Ford. If you are a government employee, or some other large company, you may get a deal there on parts and labour.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
na ours sucks to. my heater motor started making noise when it was cold last winter. at -20 and below. truck at 50000km+- took it in. ok we will have alook. they parked it in the shop over night. tested in the morning when the tech got in we cant find any issue sorry. never got cold after that again. it was in mrch/april. now colder than fug it whistles until unit warms up. no warrenty on that part anymore cause at 90000 km wtf azz hats. :realmad::rant: oh well
could be worse coulda bought a chevy or even worse a dodge:eek:

read the previous post

frist prob is 6l ford i have had 2 service trucks where 6l ford dump them taking a loss it will save you $ in the long run but no it is not the studs it is the motor it was prob a head gasket to start with if your egr goes it runs like crap and smokes white when frist started till the coolent burns off my last truck has 200000 on it and on motor #3 at 24000 each and the frist one was just as bad i hated going out of town couldn't trust you would make back drive a dodge now that they came out with the 550 never head a prob just my 2 cents

speeder72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks.
I had an 07 and took it to a place here in Calgary called Dagger Performance had a bunch of work done on the truck including head gasket ,injectors etc.I cannot say enough good about these guys .They are a small shop and they ttreat you well.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
really in all honesty they shouldnt deny your warranty arp headstuds are top notch imo way stronger than stock they should not be denying warranty over a part that helps your motor out I'm a gm and nissan dealer and the way we do it is if it is directly affected by the aftermarket part yes a chip will not be warrantiable but in all honesty the headstuds should be covered no if ands or buts take it to a different dealer

so your saying gm/nissan warranties after market parts yeah right

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

an issue where if it sits a day you have to crank it for 10-15 seconds to start it. If it only sits for an hour or two it starts right away.
This is in summer. Its no different in winter. Dealer said little oil pressure seal gone on the back of the injector pump, leaks engine oil out, have to crank it till it's back up to fire the injectors, $2500 to replace that seal please.

Thanks.

Had a leaking fitting on my HPOP, caused the same hard starting issue

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so your saying gm/nissan warranties after market parts yeah right

They do actually Iam both nissan and chev dealer and we warranty aftermarket parts as long as it is not the direct cause of the problem! I have my own dmax chipped to the nines with big lift pumps all the good stuff and no warranty issues for me it's up to the dealer to decide on warranty! I have only voided the warranty on 1 dmax truck and that was from some retarded setting his edge chip to level 5 and hauling his toy hauler all over bc needless to say he melted his motor this was not covered due to driver stupidity and an aftermarket problem. But yes GM and NISSAN both warranty aftermarket parts we use the Magnusson act as well for our shops and we do a ton of done up trucks and have yet to have a warranty issue or trouble getting warranty

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca

anyone know of a really good 6.0l mech around edmonton. I've got two issues

Next problem, i got blue some that come out after i take off from an intersection. I'm told this is a bad sign for head gaskets or something. The heads were just done in this about 100k ago.

Thanks.

call me......... We've done lots of these high pressure oil pumps etc..

Top Bottom